Apple Store in Paris

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
well, all I have to say it Great! I'm sure quite a few people will be happy with that one, but I expect there will be lots of "What about London?" "What about Toronto?", etc.

Any memebers here from Paris? What are you're impressions?

And then at the bottom of the article is some rumor on an AppleStore in Bejing?!?

D

skunk

macrumors G4
Jun 29, 2002
Republic of Ukistan
London?

Why would they put one in Ontario? :) But seriously, a flagship store in London (England) would be cool, because most of the Apple outlets here are really grubby.:(

Amsterdam? Special hot-rock guards for the Amsterdam keyboards? :D

SilvorX

macrumors 68000
May 24, 2002
'Toba, Canada
lol if they even think bout putting an ontario location, they might as well put 1-3 apple stores in each province (theres a big demand for macs in some parts of canada)

nissim

macrumors newbie
Aug 29, 2002
Paris
Paris is an excellent choice for an european Apple Store. Although London might be the Computer-capital of Europe, Paris is definately the Mac-capital.
I would guess (without having any speciffic facts) that the market share already is close to 10% in France.

But, really, Christmas 2003?!? That's a long time! I know they will make super-chic, but still it can't take that long to build a store, can it?

BTW, the area is just around The Arc Triumph. The street mentioned is the one turning into Champ Elysées, when you go straight past The Arc Triumph. A good spot - central, but not tourist-crouded.

I can't wait to hear what Steve has to say about this in a couple of weeks...

sparkleytone

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2001
Greensboro, NC
Re: French

Originally posted by Johnny7896
The french hate the USA. I hope they don't boycott Apple. I hope they open some up in UK and Canada. Maybe in time.
either think berfore you speak, or just dont post at all. ignorance is intolerable.

skunk

macrumors G4
Jun 29, 2002
Republic of Ukistan
Et pourquoi pas?

Good excuse for a day trip...:) :)

Anyway, they have to take it a step at a time: the product line is only firing on three cylinders, and the market is pretty dire.

rjgjonker

macrumors member
Dec 7, 2001
Great idea!

I especially like the part of an AppleStore in Amsterdam ;), although I don't believe in it. Good thing that Apple is moving towards AppleStores outside the US.

(And by the way, most Europeans hate the USA with their arrogant attitude :)

zorglub

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2002
Paris France
from Johnny7896

The french hate the USA. I hope they don't boycott Apple. I hope they open some up in UK and Canada. Maybe in time.

well...

Benjamin Franklin at the royal court at Versailles
Lafayette, the French Royal Navy, and the independance war against British
The liberty statue ( a gift from France )
First and second war and all the help we received from USA, the bravery of yours GI's and the happiness of French people...

I'm so sorry to read this kind of things.

... but very happy for a Apple store in Paris !!!

z:)