Apple Store- iPhone exchange

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by drw, Oct 6, 2014.

1. drw macrumors member

Question for those who have exchanged a 6+ for a 6 (or vice versa).

If you do an iPhone exchange on a phone purchased in store (either going from 6 to 6+ or vice versa)- how exactly does that work- do they just exchange it on the spot??

Or do you have to return it and get refund, and then buy the different model (and therefore have to go through/wait for the ATT upgrade reversal procedure to kick in)??

2. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

This

3. SeanZy macrumors 6502a

Most people seem to think its a return, rebuy, although i just exchanged straight up

4. justinf77 macrumors 6502

I exchanged my 6+ for a 6 a couple weeks ago. I got to the store and waited in line until an Apple rep came over to me and asked me which phone I wanted. He made sure it was in stock and created a reservation for me. I then waited in the reservation line to get the new phone. The process entailed returning my old phone and placing an order for the new phone on the spot. My upgrade eligibility reset instantly and there were no problems at all.

As far as I know, it has to be done like this, as a return and new purchase.

5. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

YOu will need to take everything with you to the store when you do the return exchange. Along with your receipt.

They will process a return of your device, and they will bring out the new one. As for your eligibility, it usually should be reset right away. If not check your account to make sure you got your eligibility back. It can take a while and if that ever happens, contact your carrier provider customer care service.