Apple Store iPhone X Preorderers.. are you going to pick "Shipping" vs "Ship to Store"

Will you pick "Shipping" or "Pick Up At Store" when preordering your new iPhone X?

• Shipping

Votes: 43 67.2%
  • Pick Up At Apple Store

Votes: 21 32.8%

• Total voters

Starfyre

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 7, 2010
As the topic states, what are you choosing? Shipping or Ship to Store?
Does anyone know if one is faster than the other? Will the pre-order system be as accurate when you first pre-order to say "Pick up at **** Apple Store on November 3"? Or does it do something silly like November 3 - November 10?

webbuzz

macrumors 68000
Jul 24, 2010
Shipping for me.

Ship to store dates will fluctuate just like shipping to your home or office.

JohnApples

macrumors 65816
Mar 7, 2014
When I was preordering my 7, The “pickup at Store” option wasn’t working for whatever reason. Not sure if that was intentional or a bug.

Regardless, I’ll just do ship to home and not worry about the in-store pickup as I’ve never had trouble with the former before.

Shadowbech

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2011
Apple iPhone World
I typically ship to me. However once I get the tracking number, I immediately will request a hold for pick up at my Fedex Office Ship and Print Center or UPS CC depending on what Apple is going to use. Typically Fedex for me.

Starfyre

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 7, 2010
Ship to store has been a mess for me, 2 hour wait, so shipping to office.
You mean in the past you had to wait in line for 2 hours in front of the store before you actually picked up the device at your scheduled pickup time?

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
You’d have to be insane to ship to store on a launch day.

You could very easily be waiting for hours and still not get your device even if it’s sitting on a desk two feet away from you depending on how many people are ahead of you.

Reactions: webbuzz and psymac

LoveToMacRumors

macrumors 68020
Feb 15, 2015
Canada
Anyone know if I pre-order online and choose in-store pickup, do I have to wait in the line (if there is one) or will I have priority?

DDustiNN

macrumors 68000
Jan 27, 2011
You mean in the past you had to wait in line for 2 hours in front of the store before you actually picked up the device at your scheduled pickup time?
You’d have to be insane to ship to store on a launch day.

You could very easily be waiting for hours and still not get your device even if it’s sitting on a desk two feet away from you depending on how many people are ahead of you.
Anyone know if I pre-order online and choose in-store pickup, do I have to wait in the line (if there is one) or will I have priority?
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/how-much-chaos-is-involved-at-an-apple-store-on-launch-day.2080439/

vtboyarc

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2011
Omaha
I typically ship to me. However once I get the tracking number, I immediately will request a hold for pick up at my Fedex Office Ship and Print Center or UPS CC depending on what Apple is going to use. Typically Fedex for me.
How do you go about doing that? I would like to do that, as I am worried I will miss the delivery while I'm at work.