Apple Store Regent Street UK - Confirmed, Selling Contract iPhone 3Gs on July 11th

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by applemax, Jul 8, 2008.

1. applemax macrumors 65816

applemax

Just phoned the Apple Store in Regent Street and asked if they would be selling iPhone 3Gs on Friday, because it does say on the website that they wouldn't.

Turns out, they are selling them.

Just letting you know incase any of you were unaware, because Apple hasn't really said it on their website.

Thanks
    :)

2. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

By any chance did you enquire about 16Gb model availability at all?

If they confirm they'll have them, I'm going to Apple.

R-Fly

3. applemax thread starter macrumors 65816

applemax

Oh, no I forgot, sorry. Actually that's a good point. It's probably safer to go to a small Carphone Warehouse - they should getting fractioned units (2/3 8GB, 1/3 16GB), and they won't sell too fast.

And by the way, I don't know what these CPW haters are on, but I have had nothing but great experiences from them. Infact, I have had much worse experiences from O2 stores.

You enter the store, and they run into you dictating deals and tarrifs and never leave you alone to browse. In CPW, you can feel free to do what you want and the insurance they offer is much better.

Infact, the best is cancellation insurance, you can cancel your contract around 9 months in, which is just after MacWorld '09, so you can get the iPhone v4 :D.

Also, I think you can return your iPhone, used, with box and in good condition before the 14th day of the contract - don't hold me to that though, that's just what I've heard.

About the Apple Store:

Call 020 7153 9000 and press 4. They're still open, and there wasn't a calling queue when I phoned.

Good luck and report back! :)

4. icantbelieveit macrumors member

I went in the Regent Street store today and asked if they'll be selling the iphone 3G and the guy said theyve yet to hear and that a press release will be out within 24 hours detailing whether they will or not. That was late afternoon, so maybe theyve heard something since or this guy didnt have the up to date info.

I really hope they are selling it, and it would make sense seeing as they have a huge iphone 3G display in one of their windows. I cant see them advertising the product in one of their windows and then when customers come into buy theyre redirected to another shop somewhere else in london :confused:

If it is confirmed, anyone know what time theyre opening?

5. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

It would be greatly embarrassing for apple not to sell their own MASTER PRODUCT....

6. johnnyjibbs macrumors 68030

johnnyjibbs

Regent Street store may have phones but it will be rammed. I'd look elsewhere as the OP said. Smaller O2 or Carphone Warehouse is the best bet, as long as they aren't screwed on 16GB stock... :eek:

7. cherrybomb macrumors regular

cherrybomb

please excuse me if the following question has been asked or answered already....

I'm slightly confused, you see my mum is taking on an extra line in order for me to get the iphone 3g, do I have to drag her down to the nearest O2/Carphone Warehouse/Apple store to get the phone, or could I simply order it by phoning O2 up? The reason I ask, is because I am totally confused!?!

Thank you in advance! :)

8. jgbr macrumors 6502

I will ring as a coporate member where i get alot clearer answers and report back: anyone going to regent street and thinkingof when to queue up. O2 are opening at 8.02 but apple maybe not till 10? or maybe they will open earlier?

what do people think? i agree, thats its easier to go to a 02 store but i wanted to pick up mobile me at the same time

9. iphonesarecool macrumors member

iphonesarecool

If I go to an apple or o2 shop on saturday, do you think theres a chance of me getting one?

10. johnnyjibbs macrumors 68030

johnnyjibbs

Honestly, get the iPhone first. MobileMe can be got at a stroll later in the day! You will always be able to walk into the shop to buy anything other than an iPhone without potential queueing!

11. AnonymousOne macrumors regular

How would it work? Would they make you sign the contract there and carry out the credit checks and stuff?

12. dankell macrumors newbie

You're going to need to sign up in store.

Anyone know whether Regent Street is opening early? If not I may try there if I'm SOL @ the local O2

13. zootsuitz macrumors newbie

I popped by Regent Street at about 15:30. They had the door cordoned off, were blaming O2, and were asking for people's emails and phone numbers.

Does anyone know anything? Have they since fixed it? Will they actually call/email me?

Sorry if this is a dupe, could you send me to the relevant thread if so?

Cheers