Apple store replacement phone stock

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RxMac, Sep 25, 2012.

1. RxMac macrumors 6502

My iPhone 5 has been constantly searching for signal and dropping service completely at my home. It's Verizon and my other devices have no problems like this.

Question: nearest apple store is 2 hours away, has anyone ran into trouble with apple stores being out of replacement units?

2. JLemm macrumors regular

Why don't you just call them to see if they have any? That will be your best bet.

3. Bossyman macrumors member

DO NOT CALL. The will likely tell you they have none. Happened to me.

I went in, sales person told me "none for exchange." Mine was scratched. Went to store manager. He told me, "no problem. Make a genius bar appointment and we'll swap it right out for you."

So, before you go, make a genius bar appointment on line. You'll get a new one immediately.

4. paulie6978 macrumors 6502a

paulie6978

got mine from best buy. can u still go to an aple store?

5. bmik33 macrumors member

Even for scratches they are taking exchanges? Wow. I'll be in on thursday then to get mine switched out for my home button.

6. bogatyr macrumors 65816

The Apple Store will take care of any warranty issues for Apple products. If you need to make an insurance claim (accidental damage or whatnot) then you go to whomever provided the insurance.

----------

Most likely a per store judgement. I doubt all stores will consider it a warranty issue unless you have AC+ and then it would cost $50.

7. darngooddesign macrumors G3

What happened when you called the store?

8. bmik33 macrumors member

really? I had problems with my speaker on my iphone4 and they exchanged it no problems since I had a verizon warranty(the like $9 one or whatever) I would expect this to be the same. It's non responsive at times.

9. bogatyr macrumors 65816

Verizon's $9 item is insurance and not warranty. Warranty does not cover accidental damage - i.e. scratches that were mentioned in what I quoted above. Until Apple says there is a defect regarding the anodized aluminum (IF they say there is one rather) it is something each store will answer differently.

Also, an issue with speakers is more likely a manufacturer defect/warranty item than accidental damage. Unless you got them wet.

10. RxMac thread starter macrumors 6502

Didn't call apple store, people advised that they would not tell me if they did or didn't. I've talked to Verizon numerous times and this is what they told me to do. Genius appt made for an hour.

11. RxMac thread starter macrumors 6502

They had them, even picked up a white 64gb for my wife.