Apple Store Replacement

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Monotoko, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Monotoko macrumors newbie

I have a brand new iPhone 5, I've literally had it about 4 days and it's crashed about 100 times due to kernel panics, most are referencing a "bad memory address" so after several firmware restores I believe it's a hardware fault with the phone itself. I went to the Carphone Warehouse (where it was sent from via the O2 UK network) and they told me I could give them it there, or take it to an Apple Store and get it replaced immediately.

Before spending £20 to get to the store; I'm having difficulty comprehending this, as I didn't buy it from the Apple Store, I have a proof of purchase from Carphone, will they do the replacement or will they just say it's Carphone's problem?

2. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

warranty is with Apple, they will run diagnostic tests on the phone, they will restore it and set-up as new and tell you to leave open about 2gb. Then they will tell you to come back in 10 days if you're still having problems. Or if it's particularly bad they will just replace the phone.

3. Monotoko thread starter macrumors newbie

tymaster, I've restored four times... the phone is empty, I've set it up as new on all the restores and it is still panicking. I can see the logs in Diagnostics+Usage, it's having issues with the memory every couple of hours and crashing out (it must be a hardware fault in the memory, right?)....if they'll just do everything I've done then tell me to go back later, it'll be a bit annoying.

4. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

They have to keep it on a log that they did it. The only thing you can do is go