Apple Store said you can only buy 2 iPhone 5 per account? WTF

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GadgetGeek407, Sep 20, 2012.

1. GadgetGeek407 macrumors 6502a

I just called the Apple Store at Florida Mall and the girl said they have a policy that I can only buy 2 iphone's per account but if I buy at full price i can buy up to 5? WTF I have a 6 line family plan at AT&T and will be upgrading all my lines. Im not going to wake up my entire family to line up at 2 am lol

2. KPOM macrumors G5

They want to make sure there is stock for everyone in line. On a side note, you seem to have confirmed that they will be selling off-contract phones in store.

3. SouthsideJohnny macrumors regular

Maybe they could wait a day or two. Anyone going to die if they don't get their new phone in the first 5 minutes or even the first 24 hours?

Spreading the limited allotment out across the entire customer base is rather thoughtful, IMHO. And your family gets a good night's sleep, too.

4. reputationZed macrumors 65816

Hasn't this been the case for every iPhone launch since the 3G ?

5. nostresshere macrumors 68030

6 lines? thought the max on a family plan was 5. Oh well.

And, is everyone in your family eligible? That would be amazing.

And, the lack of phones may make your case worthless anyways. If they only have 1 phone left when you get there, you can only get 1.

Oh, waking up your whole family would not help. According to your post, it is 2 per ACCOUNT, not person.

6. reputationZed macrumors 65816

Hasn't this been the case for every iPhone launch since the 3G ?

7. Tofray macrumors regular

I just talked to a Apple Store Rep at Bellevue, WA and he said they were likely going to limit purchases to one per customer. And this store just remodeled and became the biggest on the west coast!

8. GoreVidal macrumors 6502a

GoreVidal

Yes, haven't you seen all the newbie threads bitching and moaning about when they are getting there's? They even have a thread TRACKING THE UPS GUY to make sure their oxygen supply won't run out before they get their precious toy.

9. gmans46 macrumors regular

yea this really isnt anything new. just wait a week or two.