Apple Store @ Southpoint Mall, Durham, NC

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by absolut`, Jun 18, 2010.

1. absolut` macrumors member

Hey. Just making a thread to see who all on here is gonna be headin to the Apple Store @ Southpoint Mall.

I plan to be there around 3-4 AM with lawn-chair and book. I'm one of those people who got a confirmation email for reserve, but called and found out I'm not in the system, so I'm going to pay a visit to the store before they close at 9 PM to ask the manager exactly what line I should be in.

I got summer class at 9:45 AM at UNC, but may skip depending on how fast lines move. Hopefully I should be one of the first to get in shortly after 7AM.

Anyone else?

2. nathania macrumors newbie

if the weather is good, i'm going to southpoint.

if it's bad, crabtree.

either way, i'll have a chair and a book

3. DocNYz macrumors 6502a

DocNYz

I'm definitely going to be there, I might drive by a few times tonight to see if people are going to start real early like 11 ish ... Anyone done it here before? Ive always gone to the AT&T stores but that seems to not really be am option this year ...

4. absolut` thread starter macrumors member

Tonight should be fun. Likewise, doc, I will drive by around 11pm and see how the line is.

Apparently theres a chance of thunderstorms around evening time, but "should" clear up by 1-2 AM. Makes things more interesting, aka standing next to apple store in poncho... hahaha.

Now that AT&T isn't doing walk-ins till the 29th, these apple stores are going to be clusterf***ed to the max..

5. DocNYz macrumors 6502a

DocNYz

haha yeah I'm going to keep calling every hour until they close to make sure no one starts lining up before 9pm but I'm def bringing umbrellas and books and drinks an planning for a long night, possibly have some friends stop by throughout the evening to make it interesting (that's what I did for 360)

6. triplecoil macrumors newbie

Good times

I'll see everyone tonight, too. Definitely bring your rain gear, could get messy for awhile. I'm planning on bringing my DS, among other things, to keep me occupied. I'm sure we'll be striking up some good conversations, seeing as how we'll be spending an all-nighter together!

7. cmorriss macrumors newbie

I'll be there. Going to bring a book and maybe a game (Settlers) if someone near me in line wants to play. :) Just hoping it won't be a mess like the iPhone 3G was. The wife and I already sold our phones on Ebay to get in before the flood, so we're having withdrawal symptoms and it isn't pretty.

8. jatof18 macrumors newbie

Better Hurry

Just arrived. Fifith in line. The Apple employee said FedEx delivered 16 for a 7am launch.

9. absolut` thread starter macrumors member

are you KIDDING ME? I'm gonna get there right after I get off work at 5pm then.

10. cmorriss macrumors newbie

Seriously, though. Are you serious?

11. DocNYz macrumors 6502a

DocNYz

Is he??? I can't get through to the apple store, can you guys keep calling with me to see if anyone is actually in line?

12. cmorriss macrumors newbie

I've been calling as well. Can't get through either. Not good.

13. cmorriss macrumors newbie

Also, are those phones for walk-ins or just for pre-orders?

14. absolut` thread starter macrumors member

Looks like we're in for a long wait my friends. The weather is looking rather nasty right now as well.

I'm about to get off work at 5, and I'll head over there and check it out. I will let you guys know on this thread.

DocNYz and cmorriss, today is the day. Prepare yourselves.

15. DocNYz macrumors 6502a

DocNYz

The Barnes & Noble at New Hope Commons just told me that B&N at southpoint lost power and will be out for a few hours, so I'm assuming that's what happened to the Apple store too ... I might do a drive by and check honestly ... the weather is terrible

16. jon889 macrumors newbie

I highly doubt that people are already in line - only 16 phones delivered? lol. Bestbuys got 30-70 each, Apple stores probably have hundreds

17. nathania macrumors newbie

i'm gonna guess that "16" is 16 boxes full of phones. and that they'll possibly get another shipment tonight and/or tomorrow morning.

18. DocNYz macrumors 6502a

DocNYz

I'm pretty sure he's a newbie and lying because this is funny to him.

19. DocNYz macrumors 6502a

DocNYz

I just called and got through and she claims no one is waiting yet.

20. jon889 macrumors newbie

^^^
    Yeah Southpoint was evacuated because of the power outage anyway.

This changes things for me... hope it rains through the night so the line at Southpoint won't be as bad in the morning. Maybe? haha

21. cdluslby1 macrumors newbie

cdluslby1

22. absolut` thread starter macrumors member

****major Update****

Hey guys,

I'm here inside the Apple store on a Mac.

What that guy said earlier about 5 people here and 16 phones online was a COMPLETE LIE.

There is only ONE person here for the walk-in line and he's not even getting it, hes getting paid to wait in line for his FRIEND, who is buying the iPhone.

I am the first one here for the reservation line, but I'm just chillin in the store since no one is here yet.

I also spoke to the manager asking "How are you guys doing on supply?" He replied that they were doing pretty good and will have plenty for reservations and walk-ins, whatever that means.

So, since I have nothing to do, I'm going to just stay here inside the store, my brother is bringing me stuff later for the night.

All is well. No lines. No 16 phone bulls**t.

My name is Alan, will probably see you soon, I'm wearin a red backpack with a Carolina-blue drawstring bag. ;)

23. co signer macrumors newbie

soo is it still true that walk-ins wont be able to get the phone until 10AM??

24. absolut` thread starter macrumors member

Well the manager told me that the reservation line will line-up to the left of the entrance and the walk-in line will line up to the right of the entrance. He's currently busy right now, but I can ask him about how lines will work and post an update later.

25. tablaji macrumors newbie

tablaji

thanks for the updates! just sitting here wondering what time i'll come get in line at Southpoint.