Apple store still swapping faulty handsets in the UK?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by justjax, Aug 13, 2013.

1. justjax macrumors regular

My iPhone 5 has been playing up these past few months, kind of lived with it but its getting frustrating and now concious that the warranty is up next month. I've tried a restore and a restore without restoring the back up and I still get the same issue, sluggish menu/switching between apps/menu, freezing up and even blank screen .. all are ocassional issues, but got the blank screen last night and only way to get it back on was to do a hard reboot.

I have an appointment at the Genuis bar tomorrow morning. Are they likely to swap it for a new/refurbished handset for me? I had an issue with my 4S previously and I was suprised at how quick they were just to swap it, but I hear they are now repairing some issues in store so I'm wondering if there has been a clamp down and they are now more reluctant to swap them?

2. chumps52 macrumors regular

Yep, I got mine replaced on Thursday. He didn't even test the problem (the receiving speaker thing wasn't working), just checked the water sensor and swapped it there and then

----------

However I think it depends on the problem... Some can easily be repaired. Yours sounds like something they'll just swap out for a new phone for you

3. justjax thread starter macrumors regular

Cool, hopefully it won't be an issue then.