Apple Store Stock Glitch?!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Kevsta26, Oct 4, 2014.

1. Kevsta26 macrumors 6502a

Ok so this has happened 3 times tonight and it's really driving me nuts!!

Okay so around 9 PM last night I got 3 text messages and 3 emails from all the sites I signed up to tell me when my Apple Store (Maine Mall, only one near me in Maine) got stock in for a Verizon 6 Plus 64GB Space Gray. So I instantly went to the Apple Store site, signed in, and went to purchase and got an error. I went back and it said unavailable :mad:

So then I had hope that maybe it was just a glitch and I could get it at 2 AM-3 AM. So I kept checking and checking Apple Store and iStockNow's USA map, which is very helpful btw, and I noticed it was available again at around 2:50 AM, I already had the check out page loaded up and I refreshed again after 200 times and it suddenly said available and I checked out in about 30 seconds and got an error and it was gone...

Now, at 4:19 AM I'm still awake and I get 3 more texts and 3 more emails and I instantly open the Apple Store app on my phone, it's available, and I check out in less than 10 seconds this time, ONLY 10 seconds, and I get and error and refresh and it's gone...

Either the Apple Store is messing with me or their stock keeps glitching and saying this one phone is available when it's really not... I have no idea :( it's just really confusing. It's on this specific model I want too, it never says any other ones are in stock for a minute then disappear.

2. cnotes2019 Suspended

3. Kevsta26 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I really doubt that though cause there's been Apple stores all over the country that have had their stock stay the same for the exact phone but every time the stock at this one store sometimes says it available.

Also, I highly doubt they'd randomly update the stock at 4:19 AM and then someone buy it in less than 10 seconds? Kind of doesn't make sense to me.. Normal stock seems to last at least 5 minutes before its bought or not available anymore. And I've never seen anything update as late as 4:19 AM.

4. JoeG4 macrumors 68030

JoeG4

On slickdeals, dell outlet sales used to be a big deal because when the coupons would first come out, they hadn't jacked the prices up yet, so you could get some really good deals on certain machines that had great specs.

After a few years of this, it got to the point where bot scripts would snap up any stock as soon as it was listed on the site. Sure, Apple does try to make this a little harder to do, but I could totally see there being some good scripts to reserve iphones as soon as they come up.

Who didn't see that coming anyway?

5. cnotes2019 Suspended

The same thing happened to me and a bunch of others on other threads unless one afternoon I got lucky and a both apple stores near me got stuck and I saw it via istocknow and I was able to purchase it online for in store pick up so yes it can happen.

6. Rufuss Sewell macrumors 6502

Go wait in line. If they have stock now they'll save a few for the line.

7. cnotes2019 Suspended

People are monitoring it as bad as you are!! And when a few try to get it than crap happens !

----------

This shall work indeed!

8. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Apple's stock website is glitchy and relatively unreliable. When I picked up my iPhone 6, site said it was unavailable for pickup, but Apple employee said they had several of my desired model/storage.

She said they had a lot of issues of people being told there was stock when there wasn't, and thinking there wasn't when there actually was.

Just glad my situation was the latter.

9. jterp7 macrumors 6502a

Considering the demand right now and during the first months of every launch this may be a possibility.

10. alent1234 macrumors 603

That also counts reservations. Bought my wife a att 128gb gold last night at an apple store in nyc. Guy said they go fast and the website stock also counts phones that are reserved

11. sillywabbit macrumors 6502a

Online stock and in store stock are different inventory

12. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

You misunderstand. I'm referring to the ability to check in store stock by selecting your desired phone and then checking to see if it's available for in-store pick up.

13. sillywabbit macrumors 6502a

Ya, I know, they have 2 different inventories. What you mentioned and walkin.

14. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Could you explain how the inventory for walking in and the inventory for purchasing online and picking up at a local store are different?

15. Sportin22s macrumors newbie

Some of the stores actually do have inventory glitches. I ran into this at a few stores when working out of town. You can always call the actual store to place the order or try a walk-in.

16. Bgriz, Oct 4, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2014

Bgriz macrumors newbie

Reserved a 6+ at an Apple Store for pickup, confirmed, then told no stock!

Well the apple reserve system didn't work so well for me. Found one, reserved it, got confirmation it was ready for pick up.
    Then a call from the store saying nope it's not physically here and I would have to call apple and cancel. I did call apple , they said that was odd and called the store. Bottom line no stock and it was a glitch in the system. Order cancelled and now waiting for my upgrade to be restored which will be after the refund is processed 24-48 hrs. Very frustrating!! Hopefully this was a rare event.

17. jterp7 macrumors 6502a

I prefer the way they did it for the 4s as it was the equivalent of waiting in line. Now if you do pickup it counts as a purchase regardless of whether or not the product is available leading to problem you just encountered.