Apple Store told me that they maybe unable to fill my reservation

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rrjr80, Jun 24, 2010.

1. rrjr80 macrumors member

rrjr80

I stopped at the Apple store during my lunch break and the reservation line had about 300 people in it. After about an hour, the line only moved a little bit and I had to leave. The Apple store employee that was walking around confirmed in the system that I did indeed have a reservation, but said that they might have to "cap the line" because they likely cannot get to everyone today. He said if that is the case, I will be unable to get my phone today and it will not be held for tomorrow.

I am less than thrilled.

2. Maaz macrumors 6502a

Just got back from my apple store, they said if you reserved you will for sure get a phone before closing today. They have set aside the reserved phones. I will be coming back later tonight

3. Goodeye macrumors 6502a

Goodeye

Plus I am sure many stores are getting another set of phones delievered today to help with the amount of people trying to get one

4. JustinP81 macrumors 6502

Well, that's not fun.

Ask your boss for the rest of the day off. Go into work early tomorrow to make up for it! Or buy him lunch tomorrow or something.

In Apple's defense, they did say it would only be held until the end of the business day for a reservation.

Tough situation.

5. rrjr80 thread starter macrumors member

rrjr80

For those that were less than polite in this thread, I wasn't posting this because I was throwing a fit or hoping for sympathy. I was just passing this along to others that may not have picked up their phone yet.

6. Nicklaus macrumors 6502

Nicklaus

I had a reservation and an order by mail, I got my phone by mail yesterday so I was nice and canceled the reservation so that hopefully they would give that phone to someone today. I thought it might get a little crazy I hope others that had a reservation remembered to cancel theirs.

7. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Mod Note:

Please report posts [​IMG] (bottom right of every post) rather than respond to them if you feel they break the rules.