Apple Store UK, White City (Westfield)

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by Meatball, Jun 19, 2010.

1. Meatball macrumors regular

Hi,

I'll be queuing up on the 24th at The White City store based in the Westfield shopping centre. Anyone else? :)

2. PunyRock macrumors newbie

I'll be there but going to o2 store.

Westfield opens at 10:00 am right?

3. Goobue macrumors newbie

I'll be going to the Apple store. They confirmed by phone that they'd be opening at 8am, so I'll turn up around then - I don't see much point in arriving earlier as I'm not sure when the mall itself will be open! I'm hoping it won't be too busy at that time since Regent Street will be getting the most attention and it doesn't seem widely advertised that it will be opening earlier than the other shops, but of course it probably will be.

I have my phone reserved already but am anxious about the logistics of the switch from my current contract etc. My current 3G was my first ever phone. Hoping to speak to O2 today and get things prepared.

4. segers909 macrumors regular

I'll be there a day early, camping outside the store over night :)

5. wlf macrumors member

It's in a mall, so you'll have to camp outside the mall. Normally opens at 10am but they are opening the Apple store at 8am on Thursday. Security said they will have arragements in place but didn't know details until the day before.

6. wlf macrumors member

I'm debating between going here or Kingston - figure less people will go to Kingston but they will also have less stock.

7. jahman macrumors regular

Could an experienced Apple launch day queuer tell me where is likely to be the best place to go in terms of smallest queue, reasonable start time, etc.? Anywhere in London would do me. Considering Regent Street, Bluewater, Westfeld, etc. Took me too long to make up my mind about buying one to pre-order:(.

Cheers,

jahman

8. imoldgregg macrumors newbie

early opening

Just to let you all know, I work in westfield and apparently the centre will have some entrances open at 6am. The easiest way to get in is thru the carpark if the main doors are all locked ;)
    I have a reservation but guess i'm going to try and get there for half 7. According to my mate in the apple store there was a queue from 6am for the iPad launch.

9. bendodson macrumors member

bendodson

I'll be there from around 6am - send a tweet to @bendodson if you're there as well and I'll try and find you! Any tips as to which entrance is best to wait outside? I'm thinking the stairway near GBK.

10. imoldgregg macrumors newbie

Yeah, that would be the best bet. Those are the doors they normally open first. Also, according to another guy i spoke to at apple yesterday...he said that for the first few hours, they would only be selling reservations? Not sure i trust anything i hear from them though anymore! I will see if my mate is in today, he seems to be the only one that knows exactly whats going on.

11. Andyhhh macrumors newbie

How do you get a reservation and what does it do for you ?

Thanks

Andy

12. bendodson macrumors member

bendodson

I suppose it would depend on the queue length - if there are 100 people, they might say "reservations first" but if there are 20 I'd imagine it wouldn't matter. I'd think the logistics of splitting the queue in 2 might be tricky depending on how much space they have to work with (especially as it gets closer to 10am when the rest of the mall opens).

As long as they are selling them without a reservation at some point I'll be happy (as I don't have a reservation)

13. bendodson macrumors member

bendodson

You can reserve products at http://reserve.apple.com/WebObjects/ProductReservation.woa/wa/reserveProduct?lang=en&country=GB and it basically means that they hold that item for you for the day (so you don't need to camp out to get the iPhone - you can just rock up at lunchtime if you want and pick it up).

The reservations went within a few hours when they became available at the same time as pre-orders on the 15th June.

14. bendodson macrumors member

bendodson

The mall have posted some updates on their Twitter feed about the launch tomorrow:

I'll be there from around 5:30-6am tomorrow - can't wait!

15. wlf macrumors member

Kingston is opening at 7am as well, confirmed by CS at the Bentall Centre.

Unfortunately, that probably means getting there even earlier...

16. bendodson macrumors member

bendodson

I'm here - probably around 200-250 people here so far