Apple Store @ Victoria Gardens - Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by MacFly69, Sep 16, 2015.

1. MacFly69 macrumors regular

First time ever trying to go to a store for a release. I have a reservation at 9am, but unsure if i should come much earlier to get in line or just show up right before my appointment?

TIA

2. Kevinsocal macrumors member

Kevinsocal

The lines are very lon in Rancho C. Maybe this "s" release won't be as bad but not likely.

3. MacFly69 thread starter macrumors regular

It's funny, cuz' my 'appointment' is basically useless!lol Since i still have to get in line. SMH.

4. Kevinsocal macrumors member

Kevinsocal

5. Kevinsocal macrumors member

Kevinsocal

Which is why I am having UPS come on Friday. My phone is in China at the UPS depot as of this morning.

6. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

How do you figure? They will have a separate appointment line and bring you in when your appointment time comes up. If anybody tells you different, they don't know what they are talking about.

7. MacFly69 thread starter macrumors regular

Ya, i've done that in the past but ATT sold out of the phone i wanted.

That's what the Apple store told me!

8. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

They are clueless. Now I'm assuming that you made an appointment on the website on 9/12? If so then you have a guaranteed phone reserved for you and will be taken into the store at your appointment time. The reps on the phone and in the store are clueless most of the time. Just think about it, why would Apple have a reservation system where you pick the phone you want and the time and the store if it was just going to be a free for all with everybody in one big line?

Now, that's the way it's been in the past when there were reservations but not for a specific time or device. That was pretty much a free for all which may be why the reps are saying this.

9. MacFly69 thread starter macrumors regular

Yup, i actually have two reservations for two phones. They did say there'll be two lines.....one for walk-ins and one with reservations.

Now do you say all of this cuz you have some inside info or speculation?

10. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

It's just simple common sense. What would be the point of throwing all of the reservations into one big line without regard for the time they reserved? Or of having you reserve a specific phone if they weren't going to hold it for you?

Also, the email you get when you reserve makes it clear that this is the case. Also, the reps in the store and on the phone or chat are notoriously clueless, especially when it comes to launch day plans.

11. MacFly69 thread starter macrumors regular

Sadly, common sense isn't so common.

12. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

Ain't that the truth.

13. Kevinsocal macrumors member

Kevinsocal

I was referring to the people that did not pre-order. I was referring to the people who are going to try to buy in-store/over-the-counter inventory/ HOWEVER - I was there for a couple of days at the last launch and the Reservation line was still pretty long. But it is not an unpleasant wait.

14. kick53rv3 macrumors newbie

anyone that went to the launch last year can comment on what time they allow you to start lining up? I think i saw a post from 2013 saying they do not let people park until 6 am? last year i went to brea mall at 3 AM and it was packed with no parking spots so I want to try victoria gardens this year