Apple Store vs Best Buy Vs Att Store

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by rjflyn, Sep 18, 2014.

1. rjflyn macrumors regular

The title says it all. I work tonight and have to drop the wife off at her job between 730 and 800AM. Wondering where is the best to go. They are all pretty much giving the same trade value for my old iPhone 5. Preordered 2 years ago and 2 years before that had luck wandering in midweek the following week at 2 of the three noted places.

2. TaylorBoi macrumors member

I walked into AT&T a little after it opened and copped an iphone 5 32GB with no problem. I was in and out in no time. The Apple store here is ridiculous once mall security allows people to lineup at 6 AM. If you're not there early your wait is going to be ridiculously long. I think out of all stores Best Buy was the first to sell out. I'm in a very busy area so it's very common for folks to hit up Best Buy or the Apple Store over other retailers. All depends on location IMO.

3. rjflyn thread starter macrumors regular

My options like I noted i have drop the wife at work. After that a couple miles down the road is an ATT store then, you can literally see the Best Buy 1/2 mile away, Apple is about 15-30 minutes from there away dependent on which one I pick. Im in the Detroit area so my option is two mall locations, both of which security in the past hasn't allowed lines nor anyone on the premises before 6AM. One thread people checked and theres been no apparent change- not letting in mall prior to 6AM for an 8AM open.

For what its worth, looking at 2) iPhone 6's 64GB, one Gray and the other Gray preferred but will take whats there.