Apple Store - Walk in and buy iPhone 5 @ 10am in Los Angeles area?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mbman81, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Mbman81 macrumors member

Hi all,

I've seen some folks mention that their apple stores had stock of iPhones in the morning which were were being sold on a first come first serve basis each morning - i.e. phones in addition to what they have in the online reservation system. I was wondering if anyone has seen that in the Los Angeles area stores? If so, which store? I'm trying to do an exchange for diff color...

Thanks!

2. hkfan24 macrumors regular

iPhone stock sells so fast so you're better off not asking this here while waiting for an answer. You need to pick up the phone an call the apple stores yourself. Most likely If thy even have stock, half of it probably sold while I typed this post. Go do some leg work and call right now as you'll have your definite answers.

3. kukag macrumors newbie

I talked to a employee at the genius bar today and they said sometimes they have stock in the morning, and usually a couple people who get there a little before opening and wait can get one, but of course she strongly recommended that I try the 10pm pick up system. For reference this was at the Apple store in the northridge mall. I've heard this on numerous occasions so maybe just pick the closest one and get there 30 mins before opening? Best of luck!

Hope that helps

4. davedvdy macrumors regular

No luck here personally after 3 days of trying with the 10p reserve system.
    Tonight I went on right at 10p, it showed stock at the Grove and by the time I checked out I mustve been beaten out lol.

5. Mbman81 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks Kukag, that is great. I will check out the northridge store today!

I would call the stores but they will say no stock! Because they will have already allocated them in the morning. Even if they did say yes, by time I get there they would be gone.

6. sleepyking macrumors 6502

Pasadena kept telling me no everyday but when I picked mine up, there was a line of people with the white cards.

Sherman Oaks had limited quantities available last week for a couple of mornings.

Santa Monica had some and they start giving out the cards at 9am.

Both Glendale stores, Beverly center, and century city also told me no.

The grove had limited quantities also.

Hope this helps.

7. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Here is part of the reason for reduced availability. People changing colors, or sizes. Geez

8. gentlefury macrumors 68030

The Valencia town center near magic mountain has had a consistent supply of AT&T iPhone 5s. But vzw has been impossible to get. I got lucky with mine.

9. ZipZap macrumors 603

For most busy store, there is likely no chance when just walking in.

Use the ins tore pick up option on apple.com and place your order at 10PM when the store inventory is updated.

10. Jay724 macrumors member

You guys should try Best Buy. I checked online yesterday for stock, and quite a few Best Buys in So Cal had stock. I managed to get a white and a black 16gb from Culver City Best Buy.