Apple stores limiting the number of phones sold per day?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by davelanger, Oct 26, 2014.

1. davelanger macrumors 6502a

Apple stores limiting the number of phones sold per day?

I went into an apple store today asking if they had any iPhone 6 in stock, and the guy said, we sold out of our stock for today.

He didn't even ask what carrier or color etc. So apple is limiting the number of phones sold per day so they always have them in stock when they open it seems.

I did check a website that claims they can tell if the phone is in stock and this site said the apple store in the mall near my house had my carrier, color and gig in stock.

Anyone else run into this? Ill call tomorrow morning when they open to see if they have them to confirm this.

2. Lylyluvda916 macrumors regular

They do and have for awhile. Two are the limit. Either 2 of the same model or one of each and per transaction. Not sure if it applies for multiple transactions.

Edit: didn't not read correctly. Not sure if there's a limit of phones sold per day but per customer there is a limit.

3. McDaddio macrumors 6502a

They are limited by supply.
    Sometimes they get some in, sometimes they show up in the morning, sometimes they show up at 4pm.
    I wouldn't call since by the time you get to the store, it may be sold out.
    (I don't know if they would let you buy one over the phone).

istocknow.com seems like a good source of info.

4. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

From what I understand what they get shipped to them today, is for sale the next day. They have always held phones back.

They can do as they wish.

5. davelanger thread starter macrumors 6502a

that is where I checked and it said they should have my phone model in stock on my carier that is why i asked.

6. McDaddio macrumors 6502a

What you then have to do is immediately order the phone online when you see it in istocknow and do in store pickup.

I was able to get my 3 phones like that, BUT, in some attempts, I didn't get the order in fast enough and I lost out. I think I went 3 for 10.

Good luck and happy hunting!

7. davelanger thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ok thanks for the tip.