Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marddin

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 11, 2009
I waiting in line at my local att store only to find out at 730am that they only had space grey. Will Apple stores have constrained supplies like these carries? I placed an online apple order this morning for white but is it worth it to try my luck at an apple store?

Icculus

macrumors 6502
Jun 2, 2007
Frisco, TX
I waiting in line at my local att store only to find out at 730am that they only had space grey. Will Apple stores have constrained supplies like these carries? I placed an online apple order this morning for white but is it worth it to try my luck at an apple store?

I am not 100% on this, but I think since you ordered online you already burned your upgrade and to get that back you would need to cancel the order obviously but I think its 12-24 hours to get the upgrade back in the system from AT&T/Verizon. Can anyone confirm this or lack of sleep and insanity hour making me crazy?

gsampson

macrumors member
Dec 3, 2007
I am not 100% on this, but I think since you ordered online you already burned your upgrade and to get that back you would need to cancel the order obviously but I think its 12-24 hours to get the upgrade back in the system from AT&T/Verizon. Can anyone confirm this or lack of sleep and insanity hour making me crazy?

I was able to cancel on Apple's site and get my upgrade back instantly.

CooKieMoNs7eR

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2009
Gold not available in stores just to save you time and money, only online and you have to wait till October, the stores only have space grey.

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Space Gray is the only color worth getting! It's also the color with the dumbest name.

Does anyone know if I could replace the body of my iPhone 5 with this new color?

SimplyLKB

macrumors newbie
Mar 19, 2011
Our store (Bethesda, MD - DC suburb) had a HANDFUL of gold and silver. I was #7 in line, and wanted 2 AT&T 32Gb phones, one gold and one silver. I got a 64gb gold (there was only ONE 32 gb gold, and the first guy in line got it), and a 32 gb gray. I could have gotten a 16gb silver - there were one or two left when it was my turn to choose - but I knew that was too small for my husband.

Laura

mightygitis

macrumors 6502
Feb 3, 2011
Hampton Roads
Was #27 in Apple store line and all they had for Verizon was Space Gray 16 or 64. We were a little miffed to say the least because we were in line for 8 hours to be so far ahead on the line.

But we were out of the store with 16gig grays in hand by 9am...

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Jumped in line about 10 minutes ago at the Madison, WI Apple store. Security guy said there was about 150 people lined up by 1am. I got here about 10 minutes ago and all they have is Space Gray, which is fine by me since that's what I came for.

akuma13

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2006
I was in line at the Bethesda store too in the DC area. They had very few white phones compared to the Space Grey. I was maybe 60th/70th in line and did not get my first choice which was the silver\white. So I just took the last 32 gig Space Grey for T-Mobile.

marddin

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 11, 2009
Ft worth tx apple store only has grey. I'm pretty disappointed. Going to have to wait 7-10 business days

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
When I attempted to order the Apple store couldn't connect to Verizon to verify upgrade eligibility so I was given a reservation. Went to place a contingency order with Verzion. Got the email from Apple indicating that I could complete my reserved order but was not able to process due to the Verizon order. Cancelled my Verizon order and was able to complete the Apple order instantly.

Godzilla71

macrumors 6502a
Aug 16, 2009
WA state
I will be happy if my apple store has a 16 or 32gb space grey 5s in stock. It's the color I want I unfortunately can not get down there for another 1 1/2- 2 hrs. So I'll call before I head down there.

billycuth

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2010
Poorly handled launch by apple.

Lots of unhappy customers in line. They could have told people that got there what they had.

The good news for me was, it made my mind up that I wanted the Space Gray and not the Silver, and I am VERY happy with it.

CandieB

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2009
I ordered at 2:02am but ordered the wrong color so I cancelled, but my credit card had already been billed. I called ATT to see if I could get my upgrade reinstated. After 30 minutes I was told that my order through Apple was already processed and that it would be shipped anyway. I don't think so since I got a cancellation email from Apple. Oh well I will just have to wait until everything finishes processing and try again. Bummed since I wanted to give this to my son for his 18th birthday, but it is a lesson learned. Don't order stuff online when you are still half asleep. lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.