Apple stores stock?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CoriG, Sep 21, 2013.

1. CoriG macrumors 6502

I am assuming that Apple B &M stores are getting restocked every day this week any suggestions of when to get into line for stores in Los Angeles and which store is best?

Thanks for any suggestions. I need to get a hold of a 64 gig iPhone 5s. I was one of those people who purchased a phone at BB on the 19th only
    To show to "oops there is a glitch in the system".

Thanks for any suggestions!!

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

They may but I'd say like prior years, there's probably an extensive waiting list, so they get the phones first. Now there's an added complication of what colors will they be getting. Gold is in such high demand that it may take a while for apple to ramp up production of those particular model.

3. CoriG thread starter macrumors 6502

How is there a waiting list for the b & m stores? I thought I just show up and wait in line. Also what is the best time to line up at a apple store on the weekend in west la? Santa Monica? Would 7 suffice?

4. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

That is how in store works. First come first serve and they probably get stock often. The only phone I see being hard to get is gold.

5. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

The "waiting list" is not standard Apple Store policy, it's something some stores do and mostly for those who waited in line on launch day only to find out the phone they wanted was sold out when they go to the front. But other stores inventory their phones prior to launch and give out tickets corresponding to the model/color they want to insure they are not in line for nothing. Those stores typically don't have a "waiting list."

Best thing to do is go to a an Apple store first thing in the AM. Sometimes after the launch weekend Apple will post store availabilty online. Sometimes.