Apple Stores & teh Suckage.

neoelectronaut

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
Southeastern Louisiana
Why the crap isn't there an Apple Store in New Orleans, Louisiana? It's one of the major cities in the US. I swear I live in the bermuda triangle of "no apple stores". Does California really need like 32 stores lumped into one little area? Why the hell can't they spread those out amongst the entire US? :mad:

Attachments

musicpyrite

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
Cape Cod
I guess it has something to do with exposure. How many people, do you think, will see an Apple store in Bums Vile Idaho vs. a place like San Francisco or New York?

Oh well, I just have to settle for the guys at Comp USA....

neoelectronaut

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
Southeastern Louisiana
musicpyrite said:
I guess it has something to do with exposure. How many people, do you think, will see an Apple store in Bums Vile Idaho vs. a place like San Francisco or New York?

Oh well, I just have to settle for the guys at Comp USA....
...All I have to pick from is CompUSA too...which sucks...bad..especially when the guys there wouldn't known an iMac G3 from an iMac G5.

But come on, New Orleans is a major Tourist city, why wouldn't it fit?

mklos

macrumors 68000
Dec 4, 2002
My house!
Here we go again... More people whining about where Apple doesn't put its stores. Obviously Apple puts their stores in high traffic areas. Yes, I do know that New Orleans is a high traffic area and I'm sure its on their list of places to put an Apple store.

Right now I think Apple is focusing on getting stores in other countries as Apple does everything for the US and nothing for the rest of the world. So getting Apple Stores in other parts of Europe, Australia, Canada, Japan, etc. would be more important than getting a store in New Orleans.

There are lots of stores in LA and NY because every single one of those stores does great. Those cities are so big that Apple can handle the traffic with just one store so they need many to handle it. Just like there are probably 15 or 20+ different McDonald's in NYC because just one restaurant can't handle all of the high traffic.

You could be like me and have absolutely NOTHING in the area!!!!! When ever I want to get a Mac or something for it, I have to order it online and wait for it to get here. So if I were you I'd quit whining and be happy with what you have!

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
fig tree
put an apple store in san antonio!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

or not, if you'd rather not, i mean it's really ok with me... :eek:

neoelectronaut

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
Southeastern Louisiana
mklos said:
Here we go again... More people whining about where Apple doesn't put its stores. Obviously Apple puts their stores in high traffic areas. Yes, I do know that New Orleans is a high traffic area and I'm sure its on their list of places to put an Apple store.

Right now I think Apple is focusing on getting stores in other countries as Apple does everything for the US and nothing for the rest of the world. So getting Apple Stores in other parts of Europe, Australia, Canada, Japan, etc. would be more important than getting a store in New Orleans.

There are lots of stores in LA and NY because every single one of those stores does great. Those cities are so big that Apple can handle the traffic with just one store so they need many to handle it. Just like there are probably 15 or 20+ different McDonald's in NYC because just one restaurant can't handle all of the high traffic.

You could be like me and have absolutely NOTHING in the area!!!!! When ever I want to get a Mac or something for it, I have to order it online and wait for it to get here. So if I were you I'd quit whining and be happy with what you have!
I think someone missed the fact that this is slightly a gag topic...

daveL

macrumors 68020
Jun 18, 2003
Montana
neoelectronaut said:
...All I have to pick from is CompUSA too...which sucks...bad..especially when the guys there wouldn't known an iMac G3 from an iMac G5.

But come on, New Orleans is a major Tourist city, why wouldn't it fit?
And all those tourists are drunk. The dirtiest city I've ever been to in the US. I'm far from being a puritan, but give me a break. You definitely need to get out of downtown to see the real New Orleans (like the University area), but I don't think there's enough (sober) traffic there to warrant an Apple store. Of course, look where I live. My sensibilities are a bit different.

Daveway

macrumors 68040
Jul 10, 2004
New Orleans / Lafayette, La
I live in the N.O. area and im hurting for an Apple Store. I go to the local compusa in Metairie about every 2 weeks. They just dont have the selection or solutions that the Apple Store has. I don't see why Apple couldnt place a small store in the area. If Birmingham can have an Apple Store then there has to be one on the drawing boards for us.

neoelectronaut

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
Southeastern Louisiana
daveway00 said:
I live in the N.O. area and im hurting for an Apple Store. I go to the local compusa in Metairie about every 2 weeks. They just dont have the selection or solutions that the Apple Store has. I don't see why Apple couldnt place a small store in the area. If Birmingham can have an Apple Store then there has to be one on the drawing boards for us.
o_O...

You mean...the CompUSA on Veterans Blvd.?

Whoa, small world.

nospleen

macrumors 68020
Dec 8, 2002
Texas
homerjward said:
put an apple store in san antonio!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

or not, if you'd rather not, i mean it's really ok with me... :eek:
Yeah, what he said. :D One would fit in perfect over in the Quarry area. Oh well, looks like we can keep making the trek to Austin.

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison
But what you dont realize....

Is that Any store not on the East Coast, west coast, and upper midwest, Steve will be closing to the recent election. Oh Texas too, cause we all know

YOU DONT MESS WITH TEXAS.

Mechcozmo

macrumors 603
Jul 17, 2004
I live within 10 minutes of one Apple store and 30 minutes of another. Another reason why California is great. And we have the Govinator, too. ;)

I guess the "real" question is... why wait for Apple to come to you? Move to an Apple Store! Or at least, near one...

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
fig tree
nospleen said:
Yeah, what he said. :D One would fit in perfect over in the Quarry area. Oh well, looks like we can keep making the trek to Austin.
yeah that'd be nice, like 15min from my house. oh well...

slooksterPSV

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2004
Nowheresville
First of all, I've never been in an Apple store. I would like to go to one, hell I'd even go to California just to go in one. Next thing is Apple puts them where most of the GD's are. In Utah our GD's probably range in the 10 Thousands. In other areas like Cali, it probably ranges from 100 thou to 10 mil. I can't say for sure this is the reason, but a place where they need to meet industry needs is the most logical place to put it... Hmm... maybe I'll start a store down town. I'll get Apple to send me products to show and sell. Too bad I'm only 16. Everyone just stop complaining, but hey I have to say, thats the best complaint I've seen. The Bermuda triangle.

apple2991

macrumors 6502
May 20, 2004
Wow, we don't even have a CompUSA, although I don't know if that's a bad thing. Best Buy and Circuit City usually fulfill my needs. But I would love an Apple store in a liberal college town of 225,000+. Probably do well.

earthtoandy

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2003
they wont put one there because the city is sinking into the ocean. gotta protect their investment you know!

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Koodauw said:
Is that Any store not on the East Coast, west coast, and upper midwest, Steve will be closing to the recent election. Oh Texas too, cause we all know

YOU DONT MESS WITH TEXAS.
So Steve's a Democrat and taking care of the democratic strongholds before moving onto the Republican heartland.

Most likely we'll see the mini stores filling in the rest of the country rather fast.

---

Of course if you live in a city without a PF Changs, Pei Wei, or Flemings newest eatery -- why bother living there?