Apple suckering people to buy the 64gb ipad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by marine0816, Mar 11, 2011.

1. marine0816 macrumors 6502a

marine0816

I waited in line an hour at target for them to tell me @ five o'clock " oh by the way, we only got 64gb white available" i"m like thanks for telling me at F--ing 5 o'clock..... I then rush over to walmart across the street as they only had seven in stock, and it was all white 64GB.. Damn again, i rush over to best buy and waited an hour more and ask the sales associates if they had any black 32gb causing i didnt want to wait again for no reasons. Im like, couldnt you fools just tell us whats available? They got to my number and said they only had ipad 64gb 3g verizon.. ^%#&*

I want a black 32gb wifi or 3g and a white 16gb wifi. im not going to get suckered into a sku i dont want ... Who here got a sku that they had no plans on purchasing? cause i know the retailers were top heavy on 64GBs.... i understand the business model of wanting to sell the higher price skus and hooking people with the monthly contracts, but damn this is some cut throat economic strategy..

2. bembol macrumors 65816

bembol

Buy it and when the demand settles and when stores have the model you want sell it or you can line up for hours, drive/waste your time driving around the city or buy one off craigslist at a premium price.

3. Nde macrumors 6502a

Nde

It is the reseller not Apple. Apple really does not care if you purchase a 32 or 64. They will get your money no matter what.

4. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

My Target also only had 64GB white wifi - five of them, and none of the 20 people standing in line were looking for that model (though I think a couple wound up buying it). I heard similar stories from people I was in line with who were on the phone with people waiting at other Targets.

I definitely got the feeling they were dumping the less-popular models at the places that were only getting a few units, hoping that people would buy out of desperation.

I am not at all impressed with the Target distribution at all - if I ever line up for an Apple product again, I'll make sure to do it at an actual Apple store.

5. mgchan macrumors member

Well, Apple gets MORE of your money if you purchase a 64gb.

At the Best Buy I was at they had much fewer WiFi only units than Verizon/AT&T. They were selling the fact that you can use an AT&T version just like a WiFi version. And people were buying it. I'm surprised of the reports that a lot of places only had 16gb and 32gb versions, or were more heavy on the 32gb versions. Seems like they should have loaded up on the more expensive ones and gotten people to impulse buy the unit costing $200 more.

6. Maaz macrumors 6502a

maybe you should have went to an APPLE store a little early. You would have gotten what you wanted.

7. eperciva macrumors newbie

I am in a small town, so the only place I could go locally was wal-mart. I had my heart set on a 64gb white wifi model, and was willing to order online and wait 3 weeks if they didn't have it when I got there at 4:20. Lucky for me they had one still in stock, but there were only 3 64 gb models and no 3G models at my store. Seemed pretty evenly split between 16s and 32s to me.

I was more upset that they and no accessories, no invisible shields, no smart covers...oh well, I will try to get my hands on both in the next few days.

8. marine0816 thread starter macrumors 6502a

marine0816

a white bezel sucks at night time when your trying to watch a movie

9. Prolif1k macrumors 6502

You don't really see it at all in low light situations actually. Trust me, I'm using it right now heh.

10. sineplex macrumors 6502

Just order online and get exactly what you want.

Wait 3 days more, but so what ?
    Better than waiting for hours in queue after queue at store after store like a fool.

11. Chilean.Miner macrumors member

Chilean.Miner

2-3 weeks shipping time now brah

12. DS3 macrumors 6502a

I was worried about having to buy a larger memory (just wanted 16) iPad.. thankfully I got the last 16 gb.

Which for the record, has 4 gb remaining after I loaded it up with everything I wanted. Will take some management of taking off unsynched apps eventually, but all perfectly manageable.

--------

For the record, the best buy employees told me what they received after the fact... 5 black 16gb, 5 white 16gb, 10 black 32gb, 10 black 64gb. no 3g.