Apple Support in Germany is saying Lion will come on July 21st

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by petvas, Jul 15, 2011.

1. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

There's no way Apple Support would know when no one else does.

3. petvas thread starter macrumors 601

petvas

Yes, I also find it almost impossible, but I don't believe that thes people are lying. Maybe someone at support just said a date without really knowing anything.

4. antifeik macrumors regular

antifeik

exactly

5. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

I don't believe the people are lying either. I hope it's just a case of the Apple Support accidentally misleading people, but I dunno why they would do that?

6. Cougarcat macrumors 604

They're guessing, probably based on the AllthingsD rumor that the Airs are coming that day.

7. petvas thread starter macrumors 601

petvas

I guess we will find out soon.

8. PaulWog Suspended

Reminds me of the rumor that a support tech from another country said that Apple would be releasing OS X Lion on the 14th.

It seems whenever a rumored date has passed, another support tech has purportedly "leaked" the date to a select few Apple customers.

I'm expecting the release to be any time this month between tomorrow and the 30th. Unless if some actual evidence comes up to support a rumor (real evidence, not a rumor which is the crutch of another rumor), I don't think I'll be expecting any particular day. I mean, if I absolutely had to guess a time-frame, I'd say sometime between the 19th and the 28th (that shaves off the 16th, 17th, 18th, 29th, 30th, and 31st); why would I guess between these days? I can't quite articulate that, since it's just a guess.

9. benthewraith macrumors 68040

benthewraith

As I remember that was the original date for the Macbook Airs to be released. It's likely the release date was pushed back to deal with bugs still present in Lion.

10. Goldfrapp macrumors 601

Goldfrapp

I'd assume that whoever frequents and posts in this forum section has GM already installed. So why do you care when it's released? Even if it's not released for another 2-3 months, I couldn't care any less. My real Lion usage is in full swing.