Apple tells dual+link dvi display adapter customers that their LCDs are incompatible

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by JaredVegas, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Thiol macrumors 6502a

Thiol

Supposedly people with Apple Cinema Displays are also having problems. Weird...

2. uuaq macrumors newbie

I was also recently told this by Apple Technical Support when I called to find out why the USB socket on the mini DisplayPort Dual Link adapter fails to maintain a reliable connection to attached USB devices. The Technician "was told by Apple engineers that the Dual Link adapter only works with Apple displays."

This isn't a solution to the problem. It's an excuse.

What I find most aggravating about this is that no one else manufactures a mini DisplayPort Dual Link adapter!!! The previous version of the MacBook Pro did not require an adapter to connect to a dual link display.

This is so reminiscent of the infamous Apple Display Connector that I want to puke. I upgraded from a heavily-modified, 8 year old G4 Cube (with ADC) to this unibody laptop, thinking everything would work out fine. But as it is, I'm right back where I started: an obscure, non-universal connector locking Apple computer owners into Apple peripherals.