Apple thinks the 5c is their best phone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by starry-knight, Sep 29, 2013.

1. starry-knight, Sep 29, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2013

starry-knight macrumors newbie

It's like Apple doesn't really want to market the 5S as much. There's no commercials for it, it's always in the background on their website. And I tried so hard to get the 5s, standing out in line, staying up all night. But there were never any in stock. Apple doesn't exactly make it easy to find with the giant money shots of the 5c all over it's webpage.

So, I decided, why not, I'll get a 5c

Then I fell in love with it. I never thought the 5c would be as good as it is. Apple really outdid themselves this time.

[​IMG]

2. Finz72 macrumors regular

They can't advertise as much because they can't supply the consumer. Give them 2 months, the 5s will be all over the TV

3. CEmajr macrumors 601

It's not the better phone. It's only marketed more because their is plenty of stock and the 5S is sold out everywhere. Why advertise when you can't supply enough of the product to meet demand?

Plus I'm sure they would prefer more people to buy the 5C since it has higher profit margins that any iPhone they've ever made.

4. zipster macrumors 6502

So, because Apple is advertising it more, and it's ~easier to attain than the 5s, it's the better phone?

:confused:

5. Col Ronson macrumors 6502a

thats because most people who buy the 5S will buy a 5S just cuz its the 5S.

There are ads for the 5C because thats aimed at the casual consumer who probably doesn't even know theres a new iPhone out there and probably doesn't give a rats about the bells and whistles and just sees oooh look fancy colors i want one.

6. starry-knight thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm pretty sure it is.. well at least close to being the better phone.

the 5s: they only had like 10~ per store. otherwise, no one is really talking about the 5s.

7. gCloud macrumors 6502a

exactly that.

walked into an apple store asking if the had 5s in stock, answer was "no but we have the 5c"

8. eyoungren, Sep 29, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2013

eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

LOL! You could have split it down the middle and gotten yourself an iPhone 5. It's not the 5s, but the 5c is last year's 5 with a PLASTIC case, unlike the iPhone 5 itself which is METAL!

Just sayin' :D

9. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

I love the fact that out on the main page of the iPhone section of posts, this one was right above the one titled something like: Didn't expect the 5s to be so popular!

:rolleyes:

10. antiprotest macrumors 65816

antiprotest

Just rationalizing because OP got the inferior phone. There are a few threads here with people doing that.

It's still a good phone though. 5, 5c, 5s are all good.

11. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

The truth is they are All great phones ... I would take the 5s, 5c, or 5 over any top android phone including the Note 3. Apple just makes a better device. Hell the 5c is made out of plastic but if you but it up against any android phone minus maybe the HTC One it looks better made then any of them ... Apple could actually make a cheap iPhone and it would probably look better. It's just Apple's way of doing things ...

I have the white 5c and am not upset in any way. I like the iPhone 5/5s speed, but I'm just tired of the design so the 5c design was great for me.

12. starry-knight thread starter macrumors newbie

I have the option to get the 5s though. But now that I have the 5c, why bother?

You know what I noticed? I'm coming from a 5 and by the time I was done with that phone it looked like crap. The edges were frayed, the coating was gone and the scratches were nerve wrecking.

If I'd have gotten the 5s, I would've had to put up with that all over again.

The 5c doesn't get hot like the 5 did.

13. Spacial macrumors 6502

What could possibly cause you to believe you know what Apples goals & objectives are ?

14. starry-knight thread starter macrumors newbie

I was always the trendy type. It's like saying the Macbook Air is inferior to the Macbook Pro.. lol you know?

15. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

Well of they think that is because it makes them lots more money than a 5S

----------

Nah disagree on the comparison.

16. emseven macrumors regular

You have an iPhone 5 in your choice of pastel colors. That is a great device and enough.

If cutting-edge matters to you Apple has the 5s available.

17. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

My black iPhone 5 is not scratched in any way. There's a few extremely minor dings because like an idiot I dropped it once and it's somewhat worn because of wear and tear, but I never suffered scuffs. My wife's white iPhone 5 is pristine, even considering that white handles the scuffing better.

I don't know how warm the 5c get's but my iPhone 5 does just fine. The only time it ever really got hot was when Location Services was out of control causing the cellular radios to go berserk. Shutting it down and restarting it fixed that.

18. HenryDJP macrumors 603

LMAO, there's no reason for Apple to advertise the iPhone 5S (at least for now) if people like you are standing outside in line all night for it. :D. You basically answered your own question.

But right now advertising needs to go towards the masses and not the elite consumers. The masses like colors and eye-catching products, especially as we reach the holiday season.

The 5C is a very well built phone. People that are dissing the plastic have never touched it. It's not the GS3/4 cheap-feeling plastic.

19. user-name-here macrumors 65816

Why hello again wrathofmavrix/wrathofmacs/fukai-no-mita ;)

20. diabloescobar macrumors newbie

do you think it would be possible to put an iphone5 white front on a white 5c?

I'd make love to that ****ing phone with a white face instead of black.

Aside from the fact that it wouldn't be cost effective and would destroy trade in value

21. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

Yes, the 5s seems really hidden away on the Apple website when you click the iPhone tab ;).

[​IMG]

22. celly macrumors 6502

They don't have to market the 5s. They know it and we do too.

23. g4manimac macrumors 6502

Wait theres a 5s? I honestly think that they are advertising what they do have in stock because they can sell it now!I'm no apple big wig and where I work some people still use flip phones and they still know the basics of the 5c and the 5s.I am curious to see how the 5c wears and although I havent even given it a second thought now that I do think bout it if its anything like the 3gs I'd be glad to have a 5s a little rough around the edges.

24. Ayemerica macrumors demi-god

Ayemerica

25. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01