Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WilliamWilliamson

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 29, 2018
Hello people, i literally just registered with this site with the hopes that hopefully someone here can help me.

Long story short, I got my first iPhone i cant remember when, years ago, and i created an Apple ID.

I Know both my Email and Password to login to the device.

Basically people i know longer have the "trusted phone number" or the iPhone, i bought an iPad.

Upon trying log in, i input the correct Login details, it then asks me to enter the 6 digit code sent to my "trusted number". I click i no longer have access to this number and provide an aterntive. They send me the code, i enter its fine. again, it tells me to enter another code for some reason that you guessed it is sent to old number which in the same process i have already told them i cannot access this number. I cannot manage my id because i have no device signed in to the ID.

Then acount recovery started???
It asks my name, i give it, then it asks for credit card details from the device which i never provide originally so there is nothing to fill in.

Im stuck. I cannot login to any form of the ID.

Normally i wouldnt be bothered however the sentimental value of the photos and videos from my daughter who died unexpectedly are now lost and its eating at me, ironically I was under the impression i would have the memories forever as it is all int he cloud, no safer place i thought.

And i don't even know why when i tried to login from the PC which was normally fine, one day decided it was an unauthorized device and to enter a 6 digit code to sent to the ****ing phone number that no longer exists.

Can anyone help? Or am i destined to regret never making hard copies and some of my most preciuos memories of my little girl are gone? And why, I no ID and the password, Apple this is very dodgey practice.

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
It sounds like years ago you turned on two factor (the old style). Unless you have the actual trusted device or the backup code you should have printed out and saved, you may be locked out.

WilliamWilliamson

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 29, 2018
It sounds like years ago you turned on two factor (the old style). Unless you have the actual trusted device or the backup code you should have printed out and saved, you may be locked out.

As i tried to reset it, thats the first ive herd of two factor , what is it, a code?

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
As i tried to reset it, thats the first ive herd of two factor , what is it, a code?

When you turned on two factor authentication it meant that to log into a new device it sends a code to your trusted device that you have to enter. This is to prevent someone who stole your password from hacking your account.

You were also given a code you can use to login in case your trusted device is lost or destroyed.

WilliamWilliamson

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 29, 2018
Damn, so I pretty much didn't read the terms and condtions and brought this upon myself...

Would Apple be able to "over turn" it if I went in store? im currently waitin for them to tell me whether or not i can recover the acount through the automated process.

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
Damn, so I pretty much didn't read the terms and condtions and brought this upon myself...

Would Apple be able to "over turn" it if I went in store? im currently waitin for them to tell me whether or not i can recover the acount through the automated process.
They may be able to help you since you know the username and password.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.