Apple To Host September 25th Special Event (Photokina)

spicyapple

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
Most likely. I'm not a betting person, but Apple usually rolls out new pro machines during these types of events and what better way to show off the MBPs running C2D than a demonstration of Aperture 2.0. :)

randyharris

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2006
I'm not sure why Aperture gets knocked by so many people, it seems pretty impressive for a new comer in this market.

I don't want to speculate what they will be announcing on the 24th, but I'll be anxiously waiting. :)

Randy at http://www.MacSeven.com

Mydriasis

macrumors 6502
Mar 17, 2005
I will be going to the Photokina, I live like 30min away. Maybe I can go to the special event too :D

I'll see if I need a ticket/invitation (probably not, I am not getting my hopes up yet)

adamfilip

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2003
burlington, Ontario canada
New version of Aperture!.. Saweeet

or more likely a new Apple iSLR

16 Megapixels
full frame sensor
Adaptive lens mount supports all Canon and Nikon Lenses
60gb removeable 1.8" hard drive
3" OLED screen
Anti-Dust
Anti-shake
Shoots in a new Apple RAW format
eye tracking for focus
Spot metering
1/8000 shutter with 150,000 shutter life
Full weather sealing
Magnesium body
6fps (up to 25 raw frames)
Depth of Field Preview
Pop up flash
802.11 Wifi
GPS built in
Optional Battery Grip
Scrollwheel navigation for menu system
Apple iScreen Digital Image processor
64 Segment Metering and Spot Metering
Supports Compact Flash

Motley

macrumors 6502
Dec 11, 2005
Oh good, I was just coming down from anticipation for the last special event, but Apple's always there with my fix.

shecky

May 24, 2003
Obviously you're not a golfer.
announcing the C2D MBP alongside next rev of aperture seems to be a natural fit. i really want to keep beliveing that the new MBP will happen in september, and this seems like a perfect time for it.

timnosenzo

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2004
ct, us
Hmmm, an Aperture update would be cool. I wonder if they would make any financial "concessions" to people who have recently purchased Aperture... :eek:

holycat

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2006
i am a mac-apple newbie~~~
aperture 2!!!waiting for me...i m a photography lover...

i have go through (youtube) a few previous keynote that brought by Steve...

i have addicted with aPPLe

cant wait my new 24' iMac n my new iPod..shuffle

HecubusPro

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2006
Los Angeles
AvSRoCkCO1067 said:
Is there any chance that they'll release the MBPs here?
I hope so, at the latest. Though I'm hoping more for this tuesday the 19th, sort of how apple released the iMacs a week before their "It's Showtime" event--keep everything staggered by a week or so.

But Photokina seems like a good opportunity to, if not announce publicly, at least silent update them.

reflex

macrumors 6502a
May 19, 2002
My take on this: Apple releases new MBP's next week and Aperture 2 at the special event. Kind of like they did with the iMac vs the movie downloads.

Btw, the 24th is a Sunday ... has Apple ever released anything on a Sunday? Or held an event?

cyberrob

macrumors newbie
Jan 5, 2004
Germany
next one - apple seems to get in mood for more invitations...

i like these shows very much, especially when rumors are getting real products :-D

but why aren't there anymore livecasts from these shows?!? a stream after the event isn't that exciting!!

holycat

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2006
adamfilip said:
New version of Aperture!.. Saweeet

or more likely a new Apple iSLR

16 Megapixels
full frame sensor
Adaptive lens mount supports all Canon and Nikon Lenses
60gb removeable 1.8" hard drive
3" OLED screen
Anti-Dust
Anti-shake
Shoots in a new Apple RAW format
eye tracking for focus
Spot metering
1/8000 shutter with 150,000 shutter life
Full weather sealing
Magnesium body
6fps (up to 25 raw frames)
Depth of Field Preview
Pop up flash
802.11 Wifi
GPS built in
Optional Battery Grip
Scrollwheel navigation for menu system
Apple iScreen Digital Image processor
64 Segment Metering and Spot Metering
Supports Compact Flash
if this is the case...i would rob the bank...to buy that new iCamera!:D :D :D :D :D :D

Platform

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2004
This can be good...does look like a photo only event....but we can still hope (iPhone with great camrea ?)

deputy_doofy

macrumors 65816
Sep 11, 2002
AvSRoCkCO1067 said:
Is there any chance that they'll release the MBPs here?
Funny how we're all looking for that same glimmer of hope. :)

If nothing else, 9-24 is extremely close to 9-27 - the date on which Dell claims to be shipping their (Merom) Core 2's.

Signs look good, but by now, I'm not getting my hopes up.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
spicyapple said:
Most likely. I'm not a betting person, but Apple usually rolls out new pro machines during these types of events and what better way to show off the MBPs running C2D than a demonstration of Aperture 2.0. :)

Yup. I agree. And I bet the new MBPs will ship immediately as well. What would be really cool is if Apple lowered the price of Aperture to $199 or so to make it more affordable to the photo piddlers among us. After all, surely Aperture 2 is going to have massive hardware and GPU requirements (read: QuadCore Mac + 4GB RAM + X1900 video card). That is really where Apple makes it's cash. Just dreaming, of course, because I can't justify a $300 software package when I'm just a dabbler. Lightroom beta has been fun though.

iMacZealot

macrumors 68020
Mar 11, 2005
Hey, across the pond, Nokia's putting in 3.2 MP's in some models with a Carl Zeiss.

But I doubt we'd be seeing an iPhone here.

Wait a minute! It the event is Sept. 24 here, wouldn't it be Sept. 25 in London? Is it a relay there?

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
Not sure why people would get excited about an iCamera. There are many excellent DSLRs out now from companies that have a lot more expertise in building cameras than Apple. I'd rather have a Canon Rebel XT or maybe that new Pentax.

mozmac

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2005
Austin, TX
Apple has been stockpiling TONS of great products for the past six months and now we are going to see a barrage of releases. I for one welcome said releases. I really hope they bring out the MBPs.