Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yamadataro

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Hi. I've just notified Arn about this news, but I'll post a copy of my text I've submited here anyway. I'm pretty excited!

----

Asahi.com, the online edition of Asahi Shimbun, has just reported that Apple will start iTunes Music Store service in Japan in 2004. The article says Steve Jobs has made that information available on 27th. Apple is negotiating the deals with record labels in Japan now.

Jobs is currently in Japan for the opening of the Apple store in Tokyo.

The article in Japanese is at:
http://www.asahi.com/business/update/1128/005.html

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
I've learnt to not trust any announcement that doesn't come directly from Apple. For example, in about May last year, a local magazine stated that iTMS would launch in NZ in February 2004. Well it's now June, and no iTMS :(

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Agreed. What happened to iTMS Canada that was supposed to work itself out quite swiftly, or at least earlier than iTMS Europe? There's no way a Canadian iTMS is coming before iTMS Europe, and Canada has mainly the same labels as America to deal with. :confused:

DJY

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2003
Canberra AUST
I thought the NZ news was they opened an online apple site - not iTMS?

Mmmm iTMS for Japan, for Canada, Europe possibly in the next month...
sigh
what happened to Aust????
That might just push me over to actually switching! and might convince many other iPOD users who are still on Windows systems to jump and buy more Apple Hardware!

aswitcher

macrumors 603
Oct 8, 2003
Canberra OZ
I still can't figure out why they can't (as opposed to don't) allow all english speakers to buy directly from iTunes now. I can buy an album from Amazon, so why not on-line music?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.