Apple to trial production of iPhone 5S soon

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gto55, Nov 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gto55 macrumors 6502a

gto55

http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20121112PB200.html

Apple is expected to begin trial production of a new version of its iPhone 5, or iPhone 5S, in December with initial production volumes likely to top 50,000-100,000 units, according to a Chinese-language Commercial Times report.

2. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

Damn not even 2 months since release and they're already producing the iPhone 5S, makes me feel like im about to be out of date lmao

3. DanielCoffey macrumors 65816

DanielCoffey

As I said in the main News article about this - it isn't so unlikely.

In the UK, the 4G spectrum auction is still underway. At the moment, only EE can use part of their old spectrum for 4G and the big names such as Vodaphone and O2 cannot. When the auction concludes early next year, the current iPhone5 will not support the 4G frequencies which are still being auctioned off.

The 5S will be needed to support the new 4G frequencies.

4. coffeemadmanUK macrumors 6502a

coffeemadmanUK

Except Three ;)

5. Adutrumque macrumors 65816

Adutrumque

Why would people want a faster processor than this? If they increase the battery life , sure that's good but other than that.. No ty.

6. Sesshy macrumors newbie

I dunno, even if the new models are branded 5S, I can't imagine they'd have significant hardware upgrades beyond the new radios needed for compatibility. Could Apple really be prepared to manufacture and roll out a substantially improved product some three months after it began production of its current flagship product, already having encountered production issues along the way, at that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.