Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
Damn not even 2 months since release and they're already producing the iPhone 5S, makes me feel like im about to be out of date lmao

DanielCoffey

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2010
Edinburgh, UK
As I said in the main News article about this - it isn't so unlikely.

In the UK, the 4G spectrum auction is still underway. At the moment, only EE can use part of their old spectrum for 4G and the big names such as Vodaphone and O2 cannot. When the auction concludes early next year, the current iPhone5 will not support the 4G frequencies which are still being auctioned off.

The 5S will be needed to support the new 4G frequencies.

coffeemadmanUK

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2012
United Kingdom
As I said in the main News article about this - it isn't so unlikely.

In the UK, the 4G spectrum auction is still underway. At the moment, only EE can use part of their old spectrum for 4G and the big names such as Vodaphone and O2 cannot. When the auction concludes early next year, the current iPhone5 will not support the 4G frequencies which are still being auctioned off.

The 5S will be needed to support the new 4G frequencies.

Except Three ;)

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
Why would people want a faster processor than this? If they increase the battery life , sure that's good but other than that.. No ty.

Sesshy

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2012
I dunno, even if the new models are branded 5S, I can't imagine they'd have significant hardware upgrades beyond the new radios needed for compatibility. Could Apple really be prepared to manufacture and roll out a substantially improved product some three months after it began production of its current flagship product, already having encountered production issues along the way, at that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.