Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iLoveMyApple

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 26, 2008
Southern California
I ordered on June 16 at 3:40. I live in California. Apple took the money out of my account, does that mean my phone shipped? Apple's order status still says "Prepared for Shipment" :confused:

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
iLoveMyApple said:
I ordered on July 16 at 3:40. I live in California. Apple took the money out of my account, does that mean my phone shipped? Apple's order status still says "Prepared for Shipment" :confused:

Ordered on July 16th? It's the 5th.
If you ordered Jan 16th and they took it out now then it could be shipping.

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
not sure why taking money out of the account account would mean it shipped.
the purchase price when charged can either be a hold or a completed transaction, both puts a hold on those funds. the company then has, I think 7 days to request those funds else the hold is removed and the money is then refunded to the account.
What you have to be careful of, especially with a debit card is apple can run another charge through for the same amount to complete the transaction.
meaning you could have 2 holds or a completed charge and a hold on your account for a single purchase.

insidmal

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2010
Eugene
not sure why taking money out of the account account would mean it shipped.
the purchase price when charged can either be a hold or a completed transaction, both puts a hold on those funds. the company then has, I think 7 days to request those funds else the hold is removed and the money is then refunded to the account.
What you have to be careful of, especially with a debit card is apple can run another charge through for the same amount to complete the transaction.
meaning you could have 2 holds or a completed charge and a hold on your account for a single purchase.

this happened to me when i let my friend use my card to pay his clearwire bill, I ended up with 7 pending charges for the amount of his bill, lol

That happens when you place the order though, I would assume that now if they are doing it a 2nd time it is going to ship

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.