Nov 3, 2001
Indianapolis, IN
Re: Apple Trademarks (No Gigawire)

Originally posted by Ensign Paris
I just found this:

According to:
http://www.apple.com/legal/appletmlist.html

(Which is updated every month)

Apple do not speak of Gigawire at all, have I missed something here?

Ensign
I think you're barking up the wrong tree.. this is the list of ones they WANT you to know about.. I don't think it's a mandated disclosure of all of their trademarks. Although, I suspect that information is available elsewhere.

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2002
Ha ha haaa!
Straight from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office TESS (Trademark Electronic Search System):

GIGAWIRE

Goods and Services IC 038. US 100 101 104. G & S: Telecommunication services; cellular telephone communication; Communication by computer terminals, communication by telephone, facsimile transmission; providing of electronic mail (E-Mail); computer aided transmission of messages and images; communication between computer peripherals and devices; information about telecommunication.

IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: electrical and electronic equipment; computer hardware; computer firmware; computers; computer peripheral devices; handheld computers; telephones, mobile telephones, communication devices; telecommunications equipment and devices; wireless information devices; computer software programs; computer operating system programs; computer utility programs; computer application programs; computer software for the design, development, modeling, simulation, compiling, de-bugging, verification, construction and interfacing of electrical and electronic equipment, integrated circuits, cables and connectors all for use with computers, telecommunications equipment and devices, or computer peripheral devices; parts and fittings for all the aforesaid goods.

Mark Drawing Code (1) TYPED DRAWING
Serial Number 78082678
Filing Date September 5, 2001
Filed ITU FILED AS ITU
Owner (APPLICANT) Apple Computer, Inc. CORPORATION CALIFORNIA 1 Intinite Loop Cupertino CALIFORNIA 95014
Attorney of Record Thomas R. La Perle
Section 44 Indicator SECT44
Priority Date March 9, 2001
Type of Mark TRADEMARK. SERVICE MARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

IndyGopher

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2001
Indianapolis, IN
Matthew's link has timed out, so I will paste in the relevant information:

GIGAWIRE
Telecommunication services; cellular telephone communication; Communication by computer terminals, communication by telephone, facsimile transmission; providing of electronic mail (E-Mail); computer aided transmission of messages and images; communication between computer peripherals and devices; information about telecommunication.
Serial Number 78082678
Filing Date September 5, 2001
Owner (APPLICANT) Apple Computer, Inc. CORPORATION CALIFORNIA 1 Intinite Loop Cupertino CALIFORNIA 95014
Attorney of Record Thomas R. La Perle
Type of Mark TRADEMARK. SERVICE MARK

IndyGopher

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2001
Indianapolis, IN
*LOL* Guess Hemingray is a faster paster than I am... Sorry for the spam.

(I had intended to juxtapose the wording for the 'firewire' trademark to the wording for the gigawire trademark, but there are nearly a dozen applications for the firewire trademark.. several of which are Apples, and of those, many are abandoned. Anyway, none are very similar to the wording used in the gigawire application, so it wasn't as interesting as I had hoped.

AmbitiousLemon

Moderator emeritus
Nov 28, 2001
down in Fraggle Rock
ah im glad to see this topic brought up again.

so what do you guys think gigawire is.

for a long time people have been sayings its an alternate name for firewire2. does seem that way though except for the way the name sounds.

i think someone else here mentioned that they had some info that was a wireless protocol for monitors that would replace adc connections since they are pretty maxed out.

any ideas?

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
What's the possibility of this being Apple's Bluetooth technology?
According to most people Bluetooth is the next big paradigm shift in technology. What do y'all think?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.