Apple Trailers: Clone War

stoid

macrumors 601
Kick ASS

I've already downloaded the "medium" size, and it is ripping for VCD in the background. Too bad I don't have a SuperDrive, or I would have gone for DVD quality, oh well, it'll be in theatres on the 15th before Ice Age, another tight looking movie.

mymemory

macrumors 68020
May 9, 2001
Miami
Do you know that that is what is going on in my country right now? He have this idiot that became our president, in place of resolving the problems we have, he is arming the people at the getos to create a "revolution". Of course every body here is afraid because "revolution" will mean that any of this day the people from the getos are gonna go up town to breake in to our houses. The problem is that 80% of the congres is part of that political party, the same with the palace of justice and some other forces.

Too bad we do not have jedis around here. That senator is comunist, beleve it or not, what is gonna hapen in Episode II is the same strategy that comunist leaders used to stablis a dictatorship, they hide behind a democratic gouverment and then the stablish their people in the mayors and strategic positions (congres, army, justice). And then they create a idiology against church, education, workers, and start to create divisions in society, poor agains rich, racism, etc.

We are getting arm around here.

Digidesign

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2002
Lucas? Star Wars? ***k that kiddy ***t! I'm waiting for Lord of The Rings: The Two Towers! :D

I used to be a SW fan. The original trilogy was beginning to age like fine wine, and here comes Lucas giving us grape juice, and it just doesn't taste the same like before.

<begin fanboy rant>
Few problems I have with the new trilogy - hey, you love it, you freakin dream of amidala and play with her dolls great, but here's my take on the new trilogy:

- Episode I: Jake Lloyd's wooden performance had me gritting my teeth, and don't tell me he's just a kid because haley joel osment makes jake lloyd look like corky st. clair.

- Episode I: Midi Chloriates, or whatever salad ***t is in their veins. C'mon! the force is a mystical energy force that binds us, etc. "yes, between the rock, the lake, the ship"... no midichloriates there, eh? You fanboys are gonna tell me it's different, I don't care. No midichloriates Lucas.

- Episode I: The Virgin birth of Anakin. can of worms opened here that didn't add anything to the story.

- Episode I: Somewhat formulaic plotline, mirroring events in episode 4. C'mon, the kid blows up the station without knowing what he's doing? that's not the force, that's called "exposing the plot by letting it control the actions".

- Episode I: Yeah, you know what I and so many people were annoyed by. Yeah, I don't even need to type the three words of the name that brings pain to SW fans. He/It represents merchandising, merchandising, merchandising.... and a clear signal that lucas never grew up the story with it's fans, but kept it anchored in the childlike. hey, that's cool and all if that's what he wants, but many of us were dissapointed.

- Episode II: From the looks of the trailer, it looks to be focused on the romantic aspect of Anakin/Amidala and their 'forbidden love' or whatnot. I'm sorry, but I don't trust Lucas to do romantic touchy/feely stuff as much as I trust Kevin Smith to produce a tear-jerking drama. that's all I'll say about EP2, cuz I'll go see it and hope for the best (give it a chance). But when you know a director's/creator's strength and that it does not lie in a particular aspect of storytelling/filmaking, it just gets you worried.

alex_ant

macrumors 68020
Feb 5, 2002
All up in your bidness
The thing about this new Star Wars movie is, it could be 90 minutes of George Lucas making grunting noises on the can and it would still take in $80 million its first week.

Star Wars Episode II: George Needs a New Yacht.

And to make this post on-topic: Macs rule!

Alex

AmbitiousLemon

Moderator emeritus
Nov 28, 2001
down in Fraggle Rock
i just saw a very good trailer for it on the tv after a news broadcast. i have to say it looks good. the first one as Digi here pointed out was starstarstarstar to say the least. i certainly had low expectation for the next one after seeing the first. but the previews look very good. o and Digi did you actually think the garbage they gave us called lord of the rings was worth the $5 you paid to see it in the theater? the stupid movie didnt even end. of course this was good since it let me feel like i walked out on it which is what i should have done. ok i havent read the books so maybe im missing a lot but a movie should at leats end. a trilogy isnt one long movie in serial format, its three movies each self contained but telling a larger story together. if they ha dto tell it in 9 hours then release it all at once and be up front about it. dont string us along because frankly ive already lost patience with the stupid movie. maybe had it ended and tied up all the loose ends it wold have been an ok flick but its not worth paying 3 times over 3 years to see one movie.

arn

macrumors god
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Originally posted by AmbitiousLemon
the stupid movie didnt even end. of course this was good since it let me feel like i walked out on it which is what i should have done. ok i havent read the books so maybe im missing a lot but a movie should at leats end. a trilogy isnt one long movie in serial format, its three movies each self contained but telling a larger story together.
I guess you realize it's a triology... it's not going to end until the end...

The Empire Strikes Back didn't end either... :)

arn

Hes Nikke

macrumors member
Apr 16, 2001
Re: WHO ARE ALL THE JEDI'S? SEE PIC

Originally posted by foofan
WHO ARE ALL THE JEDI'S?
you're probably looking at the backslash boys (or what ever they are called)

Originally posted by mymemory
Do you know that that is what is going on in my country right now? He have this idiot that became our president, .....
funny, we have the same suff happening in this country :(

krossfyter

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2002
secret city
Re: WHO ARE ALL THE JEDI'S? SEE PIC

Originally posted by foofan
WHO ARE ALL THE JEDI'S?
is that a pic from episode 2....or did you just get that from some site....thay may or may not have anything to do with episode 2?

blakespot

Administrator
Jun 4, 2000
Alexandria, VA
Originally posted by AmbitiousLemon
i just saw a very good trailer for it on the tv after a news broadcast. i have to say it looks good. the first one as Digi here pointed out was starstarstarstar to say the least. i certainly had low expectation for the next one after seeing the first. but the previews look very good. o and Digi did you actually think the garbage they gave us called lord of the rings was worth the $5 you paid to see it in the theater? the stupid movie didnt even end. of course this was good since it let me feel like i walked out on it which is what i should have done. ok i havent read the books so maybe im missing a lot but a movie should at leats end. a trilogy isnt one long movie in serial format, its three movies each self contained but telling a larger story together. if they ha dto tell it in 9 hours then release it all at once and be up front about it. dont string us along because frankly ive already lost patience with the stupid movie. maybe had it ended and tied up all the loose ends it wold have been an ok flick but its not worth paying 3 times over 3 years to see one movie.

What are you talking about?? If you had read LOTR, you would see that the movie's version of Return of the King has more of an "ending" than the book. In the book, the orc battle that takes place at the end of the movie is not even finished. It concludes within the first 10 pages of The Two Towers. Peter Jackson wisely decided to bring those 10 pages into this film to add more closure.

Trilogy \Tril"o*gy\, n. (Gr. trilogi`a; pref. tri- (see Tri-)
+ lo`gos speech, discourse: cf. F. trilogie.)

A series of three dramas which, although each of them is in
one sense complete, have a close mutual relation, and form
one historical and poetical picture.

I feel LOTR:FOTR meets with the dictionary definition of trilogy--there was a degree of closure. You couldn't expect the director/screenwriter to decide to create an artificial "true conclusion" at the end of each book's movie in this trilogy (that may be the most popular "book" of the 20th century) for those that have somehow never read these books, are unfamiliar with them, or simply have a short span of attention.

blakespot

StuPid QPid

macrumors member
Hi-tech Cartoon...

Is it just me? or does this film look too much like a high-tech cartoon. Computer generated effects are great in their place, but here the whole film looks like it is dominated by them. In my opinion they just don't look realistic enough. I know it's a difficult balancing act to know how many effects to include, but in LOTR, I though the computer effects were much better blended in to the film. Strange, but I thought the models used in the original Star Wars trilogy in most cases were more realistic. Perhaps it has something to do with them being genuine 3D objects or something?

Let's hope the acting is not as cartoon-like as in Epidsode 1...

Ifeelbloated

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2002
some God forsaken place
Hey guys, I'm a CG artist and was wondering if any of you might be interested in a CG Batman Beyond short. I plan on making one for demo reel purposes and just to push my skills to the limit. Would anybody care to see anything like it? I can just hear the attorneys for Warner Bros. knocking on my door telling me to cut it out or else.

gotohamish

macrumors 65816
Jul 15, 2001
BKLN
a thought

a big a star wars fan as i am, I can't help but think it now looks like a cross between starship troopers, men in black and lord of the rings... way too much cgi - it'll ruin the orginal three for the new generation.

Thoughts?

AlphaTech

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2001
Natick, MA
I saw the episode 1 trailers and made the mistake of actually buying the tape before seeing it. Hell, I even went and picked up the dvd without watching the tape *kicking myself*. I watched episode 1 during a power failure a few months back (used my TiBook :D) and thought... damn, that was weak. After thinking about it for a few minutes, that evolved into... that sucked... The first set of Star Wars was well done, had a plot that moved well, and all around rocked. This new set is horrid. I won't go and see it in the theaters, I won't buy the tape or dvd, I MIGHT rent it one night if it is cheap enough. Otherwise, I will wait until it hits cable and there is nothing else on, and I have nothing else to do.

I USED to be a sw fan, but now, lucas can wipe himself with episodes one through three for all I care.

abe

macrumors member
Jan 8, 2002
Episode I was crap.
- Stupid story, bad bad Annakin (about 10x "hups"), boring actors (how they had to play), horrible explosions, overall not very impressive special effects ...

Episode II looks ways better
- I just hope acting will be much better than Episode I...

Episode IV-VI
- cult. great fun, well played, special effects that rocked.

mymemory

macrumors 68020
May 9, 2001
Miami
Originally posted by alex_ant
I like how you managed to just barely tie that into the topic of Star Wars, mymemory. :)

I feel for you, though. May the force be with you and your country.

Alex
Man, imposible to think about something else when you live in a situation like this. If this is Venezuela right now I can not imagine what is going on in the rest of the world. I saw the last Arnold Swchaerger (what ever) movie with the terrorist and I felt so bad because it was so realistic to what is going on right here (Colombia is just 2 hours by plane from here), the same with 13 days now that my president is learning everything from Fidel Castro, When that movie came out was Fidel Castro's birthday and the party was here in Venezuela and my president spent about $300.000 in the celebration, they used a hole state (the size or Arkansas) to celebrate it.

Returning to the topic. I was disapointed with Episode I, way too childish (sorry about the spelling). I took it from the point of view that may be it was done to cacht the new generations.

About Episode 2, looks fine. Obviusly these 2 movies are based more in speciall effects and photography rather than a deep script and story. Everything is way too comertial, too "POP" would be the word.

For example, the Return of the Jedi is a movie that no mater how many times you see it, you would be atracted to watch it again if is on tv. No the same with Episode I. It's is not offering anything new to our imagination, just good graphics and a story supporting them. I hate the acting of the kid and the race was so stupid, I felt embaraced to take my girldfriend to watch that thing.

Looks like Episode II will be a bit more "mature" than Episode II, but no in the same lines that the others 3 movies. Episode II is gona explote the basic teenage cheese behaviour that you see on tv over and over evry day. I bet.

Steve M

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2002
Originally posted by Digidesign
Lucas? Star Wars? ***k that kiddy ***t! I'm waiting for Lord of The Rings: The Two Towers! :D

- Episode II: From the looks of the trailer, it looks to be focused on the romantic aspect of Anakin/Amidala and their 'forbidden love' or whatnot. I'm sorry, but I don't trust Lucas to do romantic touchy/feely stuff as much as I trust Kevin Smith to produce a tear-jerking drama. that's all I'll say about EP2, cuz I'll go see it and hope for the best (give it a chance). But when you know a director's/creator's strength and that it does not lie in a particular aspect of storytelling/filmaking, it just gets you worried.
Well, you clearly haven't seen the new trailer then.

Megaquad

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2001
Trekkies,rejoin! ;)

***** Star Wars.. ;)
I cant wait Star Trek:Nemesis to come out..
Star Trek rules!!
Ensign Paris,am I right? ;)

mcrain

macrumors 68000
Feb 8, 2002
Illinois
Flaming Star Wars!

The last trailer made a big point of the romantic relationship between the schmuck and the little girl from the Professional. I'm sure Lucas heard the clamoring and upset fans and has now issued this now "action packed" trailer to try to get his fan base back. He's got to know that kids aren't going to be able to spend money on Spidey, MIBII, Blade II, and Star Wars II.

By the way, Jar Jar will be in Episode II. He's the newly elected senator for Amidala's planet or something like that. A small part, but unless they have him die in the movie, the crowd in the theater is sure to boo when they see him.

Jar Jar should be Annikan's father. Then Annikan can kill him in the second movie causing teh crowd to cheer and also explaining Obi Wan's comment from the first movie...??

I sure hope the second movie is better than the first cause darnit, bashing Star Wars is something I never imagined I would do.