Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wozmatic

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 30, 2014
I have even ran the complete reset and did the software update - It says fully up to date. Any ideas on how to fix?

---

It's connected to WiFi
jpTNPec.jpg

IP and DNS set to automatic
kmwshBM.jpg

Trying to open YouTube app, no luck
uAiSZaV.jpg

Trying to open App Store, no luck
m9oiahI.jpg

JbcyAUO.jpg

And yes it's connected!
MEvv6nl.jpg

I hate Apple TV :(

Such a useless device and nothing but problems, even when it did work the airplay would always cut out. Yet every single other smart device (HUE, outlets, Nest, etc.) work perfectly fine.

Audit13

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I had a similar experience when I tried to activate/set up my new Apple TV 4k earlier this month. The ATV was connected to my wireless network but kept saying it was not connected to the Internet. My iPhone and iPad were connected to the Internet so I know the ATV message was incorrect. I connected a ethernet cable to complete the activation and update all apps. Once completed, I removed the network cable and it's been working fine over Wi-Fi for a few weeks.

Does it connect without encryption? Did this occur from the time you purchased the unit? Maybe take it to the Apple store for diagnosis?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.