Apple TV drops the whole internet connection after 10-15 mins of use

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by vitalion, Nov 6, 2014.

1. vitalion macrumors newbie

hello guys, i hope that i am opening this thread in the right section.

A little background:

I have an iMac (OS X Yosemite) with a USB3.0 external HDD. All of my movies and TV series are in that HDD. Also I got the apple TV 3rd GEN. Βoth, the iMac and the Apple TV plus 2-3 other devices (tablet, cell phone etc..) got internet access via a TP-Link router which is connected with an Aris modem from my ISP. The Aris modem only provides internet connection to the TP-Link, Wi-Fi is disabled on that device.

The problem is the following:

As soon as I turn on the Apple TV to watch something from the stuff that I got on the HDD after 10 minutes or so the connection drops and I got no internet at all. As soon as I restart the TP-link everything works as usual until I turn on the Apple TV to watch something from my library.
    Does anyone here have an idea why this think keeps happening? The whole situation drives me crazy :mad:
    Thank you in advance

Regards

2. TrentS macrumors 6502

TrentS

Netflix Problems

I'm having trouble with Netflix blinking off every 5-10 minutes during a movie. This wasn't happening before, then about 1-2 weeks ago, I upgraded the software on my AppleTV, and I think that is what did it. I wish I could undo that upgrade. It's either the latest AppleTV upgrade, or the Netflix app needs a workover, or it's my router. But my router doesn't make my iPad blink out, so it must be AppleTV or Netflix. If they don't fix this soon, I wiil be dropping Netflix for good. Can't enjoy a streaming movie anymore without all the fuss.

:( :( :( :(

3. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

Sounds like your router might be on its last leg if it's having trouble processing large amounts of data. I suggest swapping it out for a new one and see if the problem goes away. You could also try peer to peer airplay and completely bypass your router/network but that is probably not a practical permanent solution.