Apple TV for £10/$20

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by polar-blair, Aug 13, 2008.

1. polar-blair macrumors regular

Well not quite Apple TV but if you have a Nintendo Wii there is an awesome alternative, its on the apple downloads section called wii transfer, its great, you use the Wii's browser to stream you macs content onto your TV, like ATV, so you've got your pics, music and movies/tv shows, Ok its not as pretty but for £100 its really good, also you can log all your save files on your mac via SD card and transfer JPEGs of your Miis onto your mac, Ive used them as contact pics in Address book.

Anyway I thought I would share my excitement with everyone! Does anyone else use it?

2. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

I've used the demo before and it was pretty nice. I also have a Xbox360 and have tried Connect360, and that works pretty well.

3. Aegelward macrumors 6502

I've given the wii software a shot, and i found it lacking, it has to convert everything to flv with a notable quality drop.

connect 360 works better, but the noise the 360 makes drives me mad.

4. polar-blair thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah I noticed that you have to convert everything, im off to watch a movie on it see what the quality is like, But as my TV only has a scart or AV input, its pretty rubbish I cant use ATV until my parents get a new one and thats not happening anytime soon. So I hope its not to bad.