Apple TV / Itunes list of my movies on a web site or internet?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by jctivo, Feb 3, 2012.

1. jctivo macrumors member

I'm running itunes on a computer on a different floor and my Apple TV 2nd gen uses that.

Is there a way to see on a web site what movies I have available to me without turning on my Apple TV and seeing them through the gui on the TV?

Does this make sense?

I'm not sure if this is an Apple TV question or itunes question.

Also, can I see that list from a computer not on my network?

Any help would be appreciated.
    jctivo

2. BladesOfSteel macrumors regular

BladesOfSteel

If you have an iOS device, you can get the Remote app. While it is meant to control the Apple TVs, it also allows you to scroll through your library...

I know it isn't quite what you're looking for, but it is better than going to the actual Apple TV.

3. jctivo thread starter macrumors member

thanks

I do that but again, I'm really looking for a web site type thing. My wife has android phone anyway.

I'm trying to set it up so when she asks, what do we have to watch tonight..I can point her to a website in advance...

4. Paratel, Feb 3, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2012

Paratel macrumors 6502

Paratel

Create a symbolik link to your movies folder on your computer. Google How to create a sym link on a mac. follow the steps and all you will have to do is type in your computer's IP address with the folder name ie: http://555.555.55.5/Movies - it will bring up a webpage with all of your movies listed in alphabetical order. I use mine to let me friends get movies from me. Put the symbolic link folder in your Macintosh HD\Library\Webserver\Documents

SymbolicLinker:
    http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/10433/symboliclinker

5. jctivo thread starter macrumors member

6. jctivo thread starter macrumors member

stupid question

I don't have a mac..I have windows vista. I got the symbolic link set up but don't know where to put it.

7. obsidian1200 macrumors 6502

obsidian1200

If you don't need to access the webpage outside your home, you can always make an html document and store it on a local computer that can share its contents to other devices on your network. You can be as simple or fancy as you want with it.

8. jctivo thread starter macrumors member

outside my network

I wouldn't mind seeing it outside of my network. I just don't know how. Does that "webserver" functionality come with vista originally or do I have to run another program?

9. Paratel macrumors 6502

Paratel

Sorry, I just assumed you had a Mac since you didn't specify in your OP and this is MacRumors...

10. jctivo thread starter macrumors member