Apple UK changed price on Apple TV from £101 to £99?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by amack, Oct 3, 2011.

1. amack macrumors member

I noticed today the price of an Apple TV has changed from £101 to £99 on the UK store site. Anybody know the reason? Gizmodo UK did an article only 4 days ago complaining about us Brits being ripped off and used the Apple TV as an example saying we pay £101. Well not anymore! Fingers crossed for a new Apple TV tomorrow.

2. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Apple adjusted prices in non-US markets on Apps in July. This modest change in the Apple TV price likely only represents pricing changes due to currency fluctuations.

3. whuybr0 macrumors newbie

Probably adjusting to EUR/GBP currency ratio because of introduction of ATV2 in 7 (or so) new countries in Europe in near-future.

4. Kissaragi macrumors 68020

It only went up to £101 with the VAT increase, they are just adjusting the prices back down to make them look more attractive. The Kindles just did the same thing.

5. weckart macrumors 68040

Did you also notice that the base Macbook Air went back down from £867 to £849? Adjusting to the pre-VAT increase price thresholds is all that has happened. The VAT increase was not swallowed by Apple unlike other retailers and resulted in a lot of odd prices.

6. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

7. Porco macrumors 68030

Porco

It was sheer insanity that it's been left at £101 for so long anyway.

Yeah, the Mac Mini at £529 and Mac Pro at £2041 are silly prices too, hopefully they'll be cut. A £499 mini would be a very good price point I think, as with all these prices the psychological difference is bigger than the actual financial one, but they aren't huge amounts and we all know Apple have large margins.

I suppose we should be glad they didn't round upwards instead though!