Apple UK Online Store Promoting Limited Time 0% Interest Offer, Minimum Spend £399

Discussion in 'Mac Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Mar 8, 2017.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple is promoting a limited time financing offer on its UK online store that allows customers to buy an Apple product and pay it back over 12 months without being charged any interest.

A minimum spend of £399 (or £99 via PayPal Credit) is required to qualify for the deal, which covers most products including MacBooks, iPads, and iPhones, although some Apple Watch 2 models are not eligible.

[​IMG]

As an example, customers can pick up a new 13-inch MacBook Pro sans Touch Bar and pay back the cost at £120.75 per month, while a 32GB iPhone 7 Plus can be had for £59.92 per month.

Customers must choose "Financing" at the online checkout, where 0% finance options are limited to PayPal Credit and Barclays, although the offer is subject to status and is not guaranteed to be accepted. The offer ends on March 14, 2017.

Apple's Australian online store is offering a similar 0% finance deal on purchases between AU$150 and AU$299 (paid over 6 months) or over AU$300 (12 months), made before March 31.

Article Link: Apple UK Online Store Promoting Limited Time 0% Interest Offer, Minimum Spend £399

2. JaySoul macrumors 68020

JaySoul

3. 6836838 Suspended

The UK customer need second mortgages the way exchange rates are going. All apps went up 25% not long ago.

4. RightMACatU macrumors 65816

RightMACatU

0% is just another tool to maintain debt-fueled economies.

5. CJM macrumors 65816

CJM

I genuinely think sales aren't too hot in the UK at the moment. Apple's version of a 'deal' only lasting for one week is insulting, however.

6. WBRacing macrumors 6502a

WBRacing

How about I pay for it all upfront and instead get a discount, say 3%?

I tried this at a well known furniture store who were offering 4 years interest free. The staff seemed utterly bemused by the whole concept...

7. vertical smile macrumors 68000

vertical smile

I been to a few furniture stores that offered discounts for cash.

It makes sense for both parties involved, the buyer saves on the price, and the seller saves on the financing.

Although, some may argue that the 4 years interest free would be a better deal for the buyer from a financial standpoint, but if that is what the buyer wants, the seller would be the one making out on the deal if he took cash at a discount.

8. AyeGear macrumors newbie

AyeGear

9. vertical smile macrumors 68000

vertical smile

There have been deals like this in the US that I never see posted on MR. I think the last iPhone I purchased had some similar deal. I know my Late 2012 iMac had a financing special via Barclays. I think it was free/deferred for 24 months.

10. Nr123*123 macrumors regular

Products way overpriced so £50 a month is a trick of the mind.

11. vertical smile macrumors 68000

vertical smile

It is probably worth noting that there is a difference between the UK and Australian financial special.

It looks like the UK's deal is the purchase is spread out over 12 months, meaning the purchase needs to be paid out over a 12 month period. It also says education purchases do not qualify for the financing special, (but this may not be enforced).

The Australian deal looks like 0% interest over a 12 month period, regardless of how big of a payment you make, then it increases to 22% after the 12 months. It looks like it is not deferred, so it sounds like Australia has the better deal. But, if you get the credit line from Apple, they charge $60 fee a year on a monthly basis.

12. AaronM5670 macrumors 6502

AaronM5670

You'll need a loan with Apple's new UK pricing...

Thanks, Brexit!

13. Luap macrumors 65816

Luap

*sigh* Go back to school and learn whats going on.

14. AaronM5670 macrumors 6502

AaronM5670

What do you mean? The UK's £ has fallen 18% against the US $ since June last year..

15. vertical smile macrumors 68000

vertical smile

Not quite 18%, but even still, a falling currency is good thing depending on how you look at it. It is not a free fall, and it is relatively stable. Yea, it sucks for importing things, especially if the UK is import heavy(idk if it is).

But, for many other things, it is good. Exports increase, employment increases, foreign money could increase.

So, if you want to by stuff from Apple, yeah it is gonna hurt, but there are always upsides to falling currency.

16. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

It is and everything seems to be going up in price. :(

17. macfacts macrumors 68000

macfacts

That fee makes an iPhone purchase really mean there's a 10℅ charge.

18. vertical smile macrumors 68000

vertical smile

Well, more than that, unless you close the line of credit. Because that charge is forever.

19. robinp macrumors 6502

It is

20. iGeek2014 macrumors 68000

For visitors outside of the UK most of you will be lucky enough to take advantage of our weaker currency.

I'm in Retail and have noticed price increases on a wide range of products and some have not only gone up in price they are now smaller too...

21. Seoras macrumors regular

Seoras

The pound aint worth **** thanks to Brexit. £1=$1.21 as I type this.
    That's down from £1=$1.45 this time last year.
    Nothings cheap in the UK anymore other than political promises.
    With that exchange rate and 20% sales tax nice new laptops and smart phone become a bit too salty to change annually.

22. jimthing macrumors 6502a

jimthing

Why you'd buy anything Apple this week, when they're likely to update and announce things in the near future.

Wait and see what's coming, before making expensive buying decisions.

Classic upsell before new stuff marketing policy.