Apple UK Sales Just told Me Not To Buy iMac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by thepominlaw, Aug 2, 2012.

1. thepominlaw macrumors member

Just phoned Apple UK sales to order a new iMac, explained to the lady I was upgrading my 2009 base model and wanted something better able to cope with video editing. To cut a long conversation short she persuaded me to wait for 6 weeks :confused:

Why would they not make the sale? Did I just get an honest sale rep?

2. NutsNGum macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Probably a dumb one. Sales reps don't know anything about future releases.

4. mcnallym macrumors 6502a

Probably because the sales person knows how much moaning there will be from people that buy one now if one comes out in 6 weeks which is past the 30 day return.:D

It isn't as if Apple is losing a sale just postponing it and you are happy as you have something potentially better then what you would get and think good customer service, so more likely to return later and buy further products.

5. leerichards1 macrumors regular

What exactly did she say?

6. iMcLovin macrumors 68000

iMcLovin

apple official store or reseller ?
    sounds strange, they wouldn't know know anything...from what I remember others have gotten this earlier. But, I hope you are right of course.

7. NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

She gave the same advice many of us would give, and with just as much actual information to back it up (none.)

8. richest macrumors regular

Maybe we should all give em a call and post the answer.

9. Occamsrazr macrumors 6502

I think this is proof that there will be a release within the next couple of months!!

10. Confuzzzed macrumors 68000

Confuzzzed

I simply don't believe this. They only know what we do from looking at rumour sites

11. edry.hilario macrumors 6502a

i already said sept 12 theres an apple event no one believes because people say mac and ios dont mix. I want to remind people apple doesnt do every event the same while itd seem strange to mix imac with ios, apple can do and it can name the event how ever they want. They dont base their event and whats release on those event on of past history, i personally think we would see an 2012 imac either on that event or that day. I dont care if anyone believes me. however i will come back to my thread and rub it in everyones faces :rolleyes: if it doesnt come out everyone can do the same to me. lol

12. vander macrumors member

Sure hope so

Ive never known apple to release a iMac at the same time as the iPhone, clearly it could come a week or two later, but not at the same event, but hopefully I'm wrong. A spec bump could come at any time, just like they just did with adding more choices to the rMBP. I've always not understood why apple can't be constantly updating product with spec bumps. It surely would calm down most folks around here. Because I agree spending 2012 dollars on 2011 tech is crazy, tech changes so frequently, apple always has us about 6 months behind current top spec at a minimum. Not to get oof topic but the Mac Pro is an embarrassment. I'm ready to pull the trigger on one for my business, but instead will go windows server even though I hate to. Who sells a three year old design besides apple, only because they can?

13. Mister Bumbo macrumors 6502

Splashing out an image with the highly anticipated iPhone together with the iMac would be huge PR for the iMac though.

14. forty2j macrumors 68030

forty2j

If it comes out exactly September 12, simultaneous with iPhone & iPad Mini, then there's a cookie with your name on it.

15. iMcLovin macrumors 68000

iMcLovin

Maybe the OP of this thread just threw this out for s:hits and giggles. Mentioning anything that could hint of an iMac here is like throwing gasoline on fire... We are all so starved for the iMac that we go nuts over the smallest things, guess its fun for observers.

16. harcosparky macrumors 68020

I love how people try to read something into a comment from another clueless person.

Sales people at Apple Stores and Apple Authorized Resellers do not know when anything is going to be released.

At the very very best they might know the day or two before, as that is when the inventory is dropped at the store locations. Even then the front end guys probably do not know what is in the back of the store.

Ever buy anything at an Apple Store?

The clerk you buy from has to 'order' what you want and an inventory person from the back brings it out. At least that is how it works at the three Apple Stores I buy from.

However I have been watching my dog in the morning as he does his 'duty' in the back yard. Recently he has been making 6 piles, so I don't know wether I should take him to the Vet or go to the Apple Store in 6 weeks! LOL LOL LOL

17. edry.hilario, Aug 2, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2012

edry.hilario macrumors 6502a

i dont think its only gonna be spec bump if it was, we would have a 2012 imac right now since all the components have been available. It make perfect sense now that there was an article pointing out that there was screen lamination issues that leads me to believe that there would be a new screen. new screen=new design
    new design=means apple want to make a big deal out it
    apple wants to make a big deal out of it=sep 12 event the right place to do so.

like i said before apple could do the even how ever they want to they dont base on previous history to release products why cant anyone understand this.

----------

ill be writing you back on sep 12 i want that cookie.
    And as far as the ipad mini.. where are the part leaks? like the iphone and previeous ipads there have been part leaks there hasnt been anything on it. I strongly believe that there wont be an ipad mini on sep12, i think we will see it at the ipad event early next year, it makes no sense to release this year. I dont believe apple is gonna canivalize their sales introducing a new smaller ipad for the holiday season.. im by no means a expert on marketing but it just seems obvious to me that from a marketing point of view it doesnt make sense to introduce an ipad mini now.. it would be introduced later with a newer ipad early next year. if you guys say that imac doesnt mix with iphone event then why would the ipad mini in that event. oohhh theyve never done that before so they wont do it now(sarcasm). see thats why you guys need stop saying because of "previous history".

18. Johnf1285 macrumors 6502a

Johnf1285

I am hoping for a September 12th release too.

I really wouldn't be surprised if one of those squares at the bottom of apple.com has an imac of the two iMac sizes (whatever they may be), saying they're new.

Next to it will be iPod related, then something about Montain Lion, the fourth would be something else.

The main image would be iOS6/iPhone/iPad.

19. HurtinMinorKey macrumors 6502

Maybe there will be some brand new connectivity technology between the iPhone 5 and the iMac. This would make a dual announcement more plausible.

20. harcosparky macrumors 68020

I need a new phone, but I will have to see the inside of the iPhone 5 before I buy one. Hopefully they fix some of the weaknesses in the 4/4s build design.

21. forty2j macrumors 68030

forty2j

All I want out of an iPhone 5 is an LTE radio.

AT&T's been driving me bonkers. All the tower improvements they've been doing in my area lately have been HSPA+. Which of course my iPhone 4 can't use.

22. BenniG macrumors member

the answer:
    she or he from apple.uk was reading macrumors.com forum fesktop imacs.....:D

23. RustyMacVet macrumors member

Wtf does iPhone have to do with iMac? People saying they won't release it Sept 12 because thats when iOs and iPhone 5 are coming, that's just stupid.

Please tell me, how in the heck would releasing a new iMac at the same time as iPhone 5 hurt their sales of either device?

Just because they haven't done it in the past doesn't mean its a rule or law.

Not saying it is coming out sept 12 but all these "It's not going to happen because iPhone 5 comes out then" are annoying.

24. edry.hilario macrumors 6502a

this is exactly what ive been saying... past history doesnt mean anything with apple events.. no one believes me youre the only person ive seen here that thinks the same way i do about this issue. apple releases whatever it wants no matter the event, despite any previous history.

25. forty2j macrumors 68030

forty2j

I'll just say that the next time Apple releases an iMac on the same day as an iPhone would be the first time. The closest they've been is 33 days (2010).

Picture the technology press as a big orchestra, and Apple as the conductor. Apple lets to get them all buzzing about the same thing at the same time. If they give them too many topics to write out, it will just be cacophony.

This isn't conclusive evidence of anything, mind you, but I would personally be extremely surprised with a simultaneous launch.