Apple unfair to non major phone carriers

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Peafreen, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Peafreen macrumors newbie

Peafreen

How come Apple does not open the sales of new phones to non major carriers? We are forced to wait months before we can purchase one of the newer model phones - the sales should be open to all carriers and be unlocked right away....my two cents!

2. dmx macrumors 6502a

Probably because the major carriers are more profitable and are able to make large purchase commitments, at a very high price, at launch.

you can buy an unlocked iPhone from apple and insert your SIM

3. Peafreen thread starter macrumors newbie

Peafreen

They are not offering an unlocked iphone X - they are not showing it online to order and the sales person at the store said they don’t have them unlocked

4. ukms macrumors regular

ukms

Take it up with the carrier ! ..... that's business I'm afraid ..... to avoid the problem in future change your plan to a major carrier.

5. Peafreen thread starter macrumors newbie

Peafreen

You can or Eder on
    Guess Apple will just have to wait to collect their money from me because I like Consumer Cellular - there’s no contract, etc. they are really easy to deal with.

6. SamwellG macrumors member

7. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I use simple mobile ($37.50 for unlimited everything if you have amazon prime). I just bought the T-Mobile iPhone at full price. Problem solved.

8. ukms macrumors regular

ukms

They might be really easy for you to deal with .... but clearly they are not that good at dealing with Apple ;)

9. Peafreen thread starter macrumors newbie

Peafreen

Like some of the other
    Like some of the other carriers they don’t get the phones right away...they have to wait - perhaps it’s just as well don’t need it right away but I would have purchased it if it was available to me...
    --- Post Merged, Nov 3, 2017 ---
    Oh, and I forgot the most important part, reason for getting it directly from Apple is that I can trade my phone in and get enough $$ to pay for Apple Care and a bit more towards the phone