Apple Updates Game Center ToS to Include Use of Real Names

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Habakuk, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Habakuk macrumors 6502a

Quote of

http://toucharcade.com/2010/11/29/apple-updates-game-center-tos-to-include-use-of-real-names/

If you're a gamer who values anonymity, it might be time to abandon Game Center. Moments ago Apple pushed out an update to the Game Center terms of service that includes the following notice:

We've tested things a bit and haven't yet found a full real name takeover in Game Center. Currently, real names don't seem to be appearing anywhere except on friend confirmation push alerts. Apple could potentially be updating the rest of the Game Center system currently, as it seems likely the other alerts will get similar treatment once all of these changes roll out.

[​IMG]

Image: touchArcade.com

We're going to be keeping a close eye on this over the next few days. It isn't clear if friends made previous to this change will have access to your real name, or if this is only going to be the case for future friends. Either way, it seems like a strange move on Apple's part considering that many gamers take anonymity seriously.

End quote.

My comment: Unbelievable, outrageous. A fraudulence almost on facebook niveau.

2. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Omg really your game center friends will know your real name!!

3. trekkie604 macrumors 65816

trekkie604

if you write reviews in the iTMS your full name shows if you have Ping enabled. Hence why I don't have Ping ;)

4. MrMcD macrumors newbie

I don't like this at all. This should be optional.