Apple video and iOS 11 Files App with Box Cloud Folder

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by DekuBleep, Aug 19, 2017.

1. DekuBleep macrumors newbie

Question about the iOS 11 files app. I just watched this 45 second video on Apples web site about the files app.

https://www.apple.com/ipad-pro/how-to/

Go to the Files App video. At about the 30 second mark the video shows the person clicking on Box cloud service in the tab on the right and the the iPad instantly shows the one file in the box cloud on the whole screen... It looks like this in the video:

However I only get the full view of my cloud folder in iCloud. Like this:

If I click on my box cloud folder (or any other non-apple cloud folder) then I see a smaller pop up in the middle like this:

Does this happen to anyone else? Does anyone know how to get the big view for a non-apple cloud folder (similar to the iCloud folder view)? Is it possible? (Technically that's not my box folder but I didn't want to put an image of my Box folder on the internet. My box folder shows up like that in a small pop up in the middle of the screen.)

I would be surprised if Apple used a little slight of hand to make viewing non-apple cloud folders look easier than it actually is in their PR video... or maybe they are showing what Files will look like when it is released versus how it works in the current PB? Or is there a way to make mine work like in the Apple PR video? Thanks!

2. Ritsuka macrumors 6502a

You will have to wait for the new Box version that will be out after the iOS 11 public release next month.