Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
But if you look at last year's stats, they were 236, thats a hell of a drop!

Take a look at the stats below, Innovativeness, Apple's #1 Baby!! And the other stats aren't too shabby either.

Attachments

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
IBM - Number 1 with a bullet

The quality of products/services ranking surprised me the most...guess who beat them:

Attachments

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
if apple paid their techies more, their talent would be number one, not number four

too bad really small companies in silicon valley and in other major high tech regions are not mentioned when it comes to talent

a lot of new techies cut their teeth at the big companies first as junior level engineers and then go off to a smaller company where they rake in the big bucks as an MIT, CIO, or even VP before they are even thirty years old

it is kind of like the accountants at peat-marwick (KPMG) in san jose who were getting out of school working for 30k for a few years and jumping ship to be a controller or chief accountant at a small company for twice the pay or more

there does not seem to be an workable policy for a huge fortune 500 to keep their best talent on the long term...look at hp and their brilliant steve wozniak...what if they had paid him much more and kept him for life?

well, for one, i wouldn't be typing out this email on my ibook and i probably may not have anything to type it out on except for a typewriter

desktop ram, rom, other motherboard conventions, a qwertt keyboard for input, and the idea of a low cost monitor were all inventions or perfections of older technology done by steve wozniak

http://www.woz.org

mcrain

macrumors 68000
Feb 8, 2002
Illinois
Re: IBM - Number 1 with a bullet

Originally posted by Rower_CPU
guess who beat them:
Just goes to show that maybe IBM should be making all the chips for Apple.

Where is Moto on this survey??

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
Re: Re: IBM - Number 1 with a bullet

Originally posted by mcrain

Just goes to show that maybe IBM should be making all the chips for Apple.

Where is Moto on this survey??
as much as i used to hate ibm, i think you have a good point there

maybe ibm should take apple to the next speed level with a new chip

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.