Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dominicanyor

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 1, 2012
Florida
Wow have you guys seen the new s5 from Samsung's commercial? I don't know about anyone here but it seems like Samsung is calling apple out. Or Samsung has stolen apple extra settings and more of their ideas and came out with it first.

R.Stoychev

macrumors 6502a
Dec 23, 2012
Samsung are just trying to catch up with apple. IMO Samsung's touch wizz is ugly I prefer pure android and their phones are full of useless extras...

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
Of course because Samsung have a time machine. They go into the future and steal Apple's ideas from devices that don't exist in our present.

Damn you Samsung s-pen, multi window, pen window, scrapbooking, S view window cases. I know you stole them from the iPhone circa 2020! How dare you.

Lloydbm41

Suspended
Oct 17, 2013
Central California
Wow have you guys seen the new s5 from Samsung's commercial? I don't know about anyone here but it seems like Samsung is calling apple out. Or Samsung has stolen apple extra settings and more of their ideas and came out with it first.

Some people find the extra features are useless bloat and some people live the features. I have no preference either way, as I don't use their products, but I am glad that they are giving consumers options, and that is never a bad thing.

rockitdog

macrumors 68030
Mar 25, 2013
Samsung throws everything but the kitchen sink in their phones and hope that you like a few of the features.

Apple tells you to like what they want you to like.

----------

Samsung are just trying to catch up with apple. IMO Samsung's touch wizz is ugly I prefer pure android and their phones are full of useless extras...

Are you serious? Should we compare Apple and Samsung, feature for feature. I think I know who wins this one...

deluxeshredder

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2013
Samsung are just trying to catch up with apple.
How Android/Samsung is "catching up" to Apple? I see it the other way round - Apple is now mostly following trends originating from Android.

IMO Samsung's touch wizz is ugly I prefer pure android
I never found TouchWiz to be particularly laggy, ugly or buggy.

and their phones are full of useless extras...
Some of the TouchWiz extras are gimmics, but many others (Multi-window, S-Pen + S-Note, mail client, eye tracking) are reasonably well implemented and very useful.

R.Stoychev

macrumors 6502a
Dec 23, 2012
How Android/Samsung is "catching up" to Apple? I see it the other way round - Apple is now mostly following trends originating from Android.

I never found TouchWiz to be particularly laggy, ugly or buggy.

Some of the TouchWiz extras are gimmics, but many others (Multi-window, S-Pen + S-Note, mail client, eye tracking) are reasonably well implemented and very useful.

I'm not saying that android is catching up with Apple. This is my opinion, I use my nexus 7 every day and I really like it, pure android is working great for me, but from friends that use samsung devices with touch wiz I heard things like my phone crashes from time to time, oh I got it two months ago and It is already laggy etc. I prefer giving my money for a phone that offers me stable os, big variety of apps etc. And apple is showing us new phone every year, rivalry is a good thing so keep calm respect and others opinions, everyone has the freedom to use what works for him the best :)

lazard

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2012
always found it hilarious that people rip Samsung for including too many features on their phone. Don't like it? Just turn it off. Rather have a plethora of features that I can choose whether or not to use rather than having only one or two. Remember people, having options is a good thing.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
But.... Only if they optimise those extras rather than just bung them in there, which sadly with Sammy is often the case.

Samsung often forget about the execution when giving people options.

Depends on the features for the most part they are very useful. Certainly on a large screen.

If I don't use them I just turn them off. I don't like being restricted in my mobile or tablet experience which is why I love the note line

SomeGuyDude

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2011
NEPA
Samsung's device strategy is to throw ten million bells and whistles at the user and hope they find some that they like. The old phrase "throw enough **** at the wall and see what sticks" comes to mind. I like that they're constantly trying new stuff but I had to say no to the S5 simply because it's an absolute clusterfck of needless features.

I'm saying this as a guy that went from the Galaxy Nexus to the S3 to the S4 and had a Note 10.1. They just kept adding more and more crap as time went on.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
They both make solid phones. I love my iphone, but I also loved a note when I owned one.

Liquorpuki

macrumors 68020
Jun 18, 2009
City of Angels
Personally I think iOS 7's unicorn poop design is uglier than Touchwiz

And Samsung has a kitchen sink approach to design but the features they rush out end up getting refined over generations and shape the market. The K Zoom, which grew out of that ugly S4 Zoom, looks to be a legit 1020 competitor. The whole movement toward 5" and higher wouldn't have happened if Samsung wasn't willing to test the market with the original Note.

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
I'm not a huge android fan. However the S5 replaced my 5S and is now my daily driver.

You may call some features useless or gimmicks but they are there and can be turned off, but you may actually find some of them useful and experience enhancing.

Try it. You might actually like it.

yinz

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2012
Of course because Samsung have a time machine. They go into the future and steal Apple's ideas from devices that don't exist in our present.

Damn you Samsung s-pen, multi window, pen window, scrapbooking, S view window cases. I know you stole them from the iPhone circa 2020! How dare you.

Ironically, Samsung isn't selling the time machine.

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy

Be sure apple won't release most of those gimmicks even in 2020 ....

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Be sure apple won't release most of those gimmicks even in 2020 ....
How do you know? Like copy paste? Maybe like a smaller iPad? Or maybe like a larger screen iPhone? Probably could have said that about all those things too.......

rockitdog

macrumors 68030
Mar 25, 2013
How do you know? Like copy paste? Maybe like a smaller iPad? Or maybe like a larger screen iPhone? Probably could have said that about all those things too.......

Remember when iPhone lovers called NFC a gimmick, now expected to widely be in the next iPhone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.