Apple, VZW, Walmart, RadioShack, etc.?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RealEyes, Sep 17, 2012.

?

Where is the best place to camp/expect to get the iPhone 5 in hand on the 21st?

Poll closed Sep 27, 2012.
  1. Apple Store

42.9%
  2. Verizon Store

28.6%
  3. Radio Shack

14.3%
  4. Walmart / Best Buy

21.4%
  1. RealEyes macrumors regular

I'm looking to get the iPhone 5 on the morning of 9/21. What would my best bet be?

I could arrive there about midnight on thursday and wait in line until the doors open.

I don't have an upgrade coming to me so I'm looking to get off-contract Verizon phone. I was pretty clear at the Verizon store that I wouldn't want to pre-order unless I could pick it up on the morning of 9/21 and I just got to the store when orders were pushed back to the 26th.

Which place sounds best? I live in Southern California near the Mission Viejo Apple Store.

2. zachnelson macrumors 6502a

Yes.

3. RealEyes thread starter macrumors regular

Awesome!

4. mykelala01 macrumors 6502

mykelala01

Go to the Apple store and pay whatever price they offer you. Most likely around $500 for a 16 GB iPhone 5. Mission Viejo store is a cool place to go. Or if you want a bigger store South Coast Plaza.

5. RealEyes thread starter macrumors regular

I would think it would be better to avoid a bigger store like South Coast Plaza because there would be more people/a bigger line?

6. mykelala01 macrumors 6502

mykelala01

but usually they got more stock than the smaller store. Base on my experience during the launch of iPhone 4. I tell you I fall in line for 15 hours on Sherman Oaks store. And end up, going home without a iphone. They made a list, which I sign up, and end up getting a call back a week later. Fortunately the next day I went to the Santa Monica store which is a bigger store and luckily got me a 32 GB iphone 4. If you will remember, iPhone 4 was a big thing back then. It is the first phone with retina display. And At & T is the only provider offering it. And no other big store offering iphone back then. If I recall Bestbuy is the only store carry the iPhone.

7. griffinmeyer macrumors member

Good day, fellow south orange county resident (I live in rancho santa margarita). I would highly suggest visiting your local verizon store, as it will most definitely not have a line as apposed to the mv apple store or the one at irvine spectrum. best of luck to you