Apple want to cancel my order in 7 days- using Address Forwarding Service

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by james341, Sep 13, 2015.

1. james341 macrumors regular

So I'm living in israel and as an iPhone junkie I'm buying to my self every year a new iPhone in apple website and using some Address Forwarding service to ship from Apple to there office and from there to my address in israel because Apple doesn't do international shipping.
    Just got an email from Apple saying that they will not ship To Address Forwarding companies and that I have 7 days to update my address to non Address Forwarding company or else they will cancel my order!!!! I have no clue what to do and if there's company's that isn't burned them out in Apple.
    Any advise will be great

2. birnando macrumors regular

birnando

Ship it to a friend, or even some forum-buddy. I always do

3. james341 thread starter macrumors regular

I don't have any friends in the US. And I'm not sure how safe it is to ship it to someone you don't know - I wish I had someone that I can ship it to that can send it to me with USPS . I'm willing to pay for this service.

4. notasdesamuel, Sep 13, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2015

notasdesamuel macrumors newbie

notasdesamuel

@james341 I'm in the same situation. I always buy from the Apple Web site and this has never happened to me, even with Apple's warnings that this is forbidden (use forwading addresses).
    I even have other orders that are being delivered this week (accessories) without problems.

So .. I also received the mail that you mention it, however I have 2 orders of iPhone 6s and has just reached me the warning for one of the orders. Coincidentally the warning is for an order that I consulted in the Chat Apple website because I was worried that I did not reach the confirmation email several hours after the pre-order (and the other pre-order send me the confirmation email like 15min after), so I think that's why they were "warned" the situation and I got the notification. Btw, the notification is entirely valid.

So, I received no notification (not yet at least) by the other order, so I did not respond to this email and place another order more (that still continues to deliver 25/09, yey!) so I'm crossing my fingers that this work.

Nor I have friends in USA to do what you want (we want). It would be great to have such a service with a domestic shipping address

5. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

I can remember Apple doing this in the past. Seems to be their policy.