Apple wants to ban old folks and kids from their stores?!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Mousse, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

Is The Gold Rush the UK equivalent of the Onion? I saw this article and don't know if the article was being truthful or joking. The comments says, don't take this stuff seriously, but the tone of the article says, we mean business.

Apple wants to keep the ankle bitters and geezers out of their UK stores.:eek::eek::eek:

Edit: Oh...never mind. I looked through some of the other articles in their archives. Good joke.:cool: British humor is more subtle than the usual American fare.

2. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

It's a parody site. Hover over their logo and you'll see "The Gold Rush - UK Satire, Current Affairs Parody & Made up News."

Edit: That quote is the title of their site as well.

3. Lone Deranger macrumors 65816

Lone Deranger

I don’t even need to read the article to tell you this is a load of tosh! Moving on.

4. Mousse thread starter macrumors 68000

Mousse

Umm... yeah. I made up the title in the link. The actual title of the article is, Old people and children banned from Apple stores

5. r1ch4rd macrumors 6502a

r1ch4rd

I think old people should be banned from shopping during my lunch hour... ;)

6. Mousse thread starter macrumors 68000

Mousse

Why? You don't like getting stuck behind the lonely old man small talks with the cashiers for 5 minutes when he's only buy a pack of gum?;) Or the little old lady paying for her three cans of cat food in pennies. "Oh dear, I lost count. I'll have to start over. One, two, three...":eek::p

I'm quickly approaching that age ya whipper snappers. Get off my lawn.:p

7. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

Private Eye is kinda like the UK equivalent of The Onion, I would say. Although I think that's a bit more political-orientated.

8. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

This is obvious a parody to to the fact that:
    1) apple's UI is the easiest to use thus the easiest to seniors and they know that. MY grandma uses an iPad 2 and a amcbook air.
    2) Apple obviously wants kids. There are the iMacs buy the bar that have the kids software on them
    nuff said

9. Hastings101 macrumors 68000

Hastings101

Like they would ever do that :p, seniors have the time and money to buy their products, and the amount of money Children influence parents to spend is a trillion+ dollars. Didn't even need to look at the article to know it wasn't serious.