Apple Watch 0 to Series 1 or 2 real world experiences sought

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by chrisoldroyd, Oct 7, 2016.

1. chrisoldroyd macrumors newbie

chrisoldroyd

Anyone recently upgraded from an original watch to a Series 1 or 2 and want to share some real world experiences.

I want to know if it is really worth the cost to upgrade based on your experiences not a reviewers. I prefer the views of real users. Speed, and reliability are the main things I'm interested in, is it that much different?

Any views would be really appreciated.

Chris

2. Relentless Power, Oct 7, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2016

Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

It comes down to a few things if your interested. The Series 2 offers GPS, Added Screen brightness, added water resistance and a faster processor. The Series 2 is also slightly thicker than Series 0.

If your not a runner or exposing the Watch to water, the only real benefit would be the faster processor with the screen being brighter. Battery life remains the same as Series 0.

And Series 2 is just as reliable as Series 0 is terms of hardware and Watch OS3.

And I prefer the Stainless over the aluminum. It has more of a premium feel with the weight and shine.

3. xDKP macrumors 65816

xDKP

I bought a Series 0 last year in Space Black Stainless Steel to make if "feel like a real watch". I'm a watch guy and have around 8-10 watches mechanical, new and vintage - I have loved it ever since.

Even though I loved it, I still had some stuff there could be worked on.. The speed has been a major issue - I almost didn't use any 3rd party apps because of the speed and some of the few I used felt like they were running on a too slow chip.

GPS - I have been a runner most of my life and like to keep track of speed, distance, how much I rank up per month etc. The watch has been great for keeping track and non-workout-days the rings get pretty addictive to fill out. But I really like to be able to run without my phone - I don't want to be interrupted on my runs by texts, calls, mails etc. so the no-cell-connection is a win for me, but GPS chip a must...

Battery life seems to have been improved a lot as well in my real-world-tests... I often go to bed with 50% or above when I haven't been working out or 30-40 even with a workout... Pretty great stuff

All in all my upgrade to Series 2 couldn't have made me happier - I loved the look and feel of the Stainless Steel watches from the start and have different straps (thank god they can be used again) but speed, GPS, waterproofing and a tad brighter display just makes this thing a winner and a far more serious tracker for fitness - love it.