Apple Watch 4 - Crazy # of flights

Buttons74

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 30, 2019
I bought an Apple watch 4 LAST Christmas. It has worked great up until about 3 months ago. Now it counts stairs like crazy. It will say I have 60+ flights when I have 1 or 2. I have ensured all updates are done. I have re-calibrated. What else can I do?

Lordcord96

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2013
I have the same issue. Are you sure, that the Apple Watch counts too many stairs? In my case it was the iPhone. You should have a look in the Health App.

Seadart

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2018
I bought an Apple watch 4 LAST Christmas. It has worked great up until about 3 months ago. Now it counts stairs like crazy. It will say I have 60+ flights when I have 1 or 2. I have ensured all updates are done. I have re-calibrated. What else can I do?
Had this issue with my AW 3 and 4. You can do nothing, I tried everything. The barometer is broken and you have to get a new one from apple

Reactions: perezr10

fredash

macrumors member
Dec 11, 2018
Had this issue with my AW 3 and 4. You can do nothing, I tried everything. The barometer is broken and you have to get a new one from apple
Did you try to send it to Apple in order to have them replace it under warranty ?

Seadart

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2018
Yes, in both cases I was at the local Apple Store (Munich) and they replaced the watch. Both watches was under warranty.

fredash

macrumors member
Dec 11, 2018
Yes, in both cases I was at the local Apple Store (Munich) and they replaced the watch. Both watches was under warranty.
Thanks for your answer. Did they performed some technical tests on the watch before replacing it ? I am curious because I had that exact same problem with mine and I thought that it was impossible to show and prove the barometer problem ...

google

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2007
I had the similar issue with my watch 1 where it was capturing ghost steps and Apple couldn't figure it out nor offer a replacement.

jalm1

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2008
I‘ve been having this same issue for months now, and been too lazy to deal with it. Have people gotten the watch replaced in the store same day, or do they always need to send out/ send a replacement?