Apple Watch 42mm Sport sent back to apple due to Watch OS2 update

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by pommie82, Oct 14, 2015.

1. pommie82 macrumors 6502

Hi Everyone

Since updating my apple watch to os 2 i have had loads of problems with notifications and not been able to
    get them coming to my wrist or either getting the odd one but none while at home.

I have been speaking to apple since the 21st September last month and all they have said to me we will
    will file your problems to the engineers and we will call you back in a few days and seem if we can solve
    the problem after five attempts of doing this they have said to send the device back to them and they
    have said they would have a look at the device and see if their is a problem with it.

Apple have said to me that their was a problem with my router which i turned around and said their is nothing wrong with my router because my iPhone,mac mini,iPad,apple tv is working fine so their
    cannot be a problem with it at all."we have about 20 apple devices in the house"

The next excuse they said to me was that it could be something wrong with your mac stopping your watch from working and said how can the mac start the phone from working because the watch doesn't pair to
    watch at all so it couldn't of been that at all.

So a couple of days ago i rang up again and spoke to someone which was very helpful with getting the problem with the watch solved so they have agreed to recall the watch from me and get it all tested out
    and see where the problem is with the watch.

My watch has never been dropped in anyway at all all working fine except notifications not working
    properly on the watch.Ive a case and screen protector on the watch which would stop all the scratches
    from happening at all.

My watch was working fine on os 1.1 with no problems notifications were coming to the wrist perfect
    and it was a great help me when i was out and about places and i needed to send a quick reply to
    some that just sent me something.

I have been wondering has anyone had any issues like this with the watch and had to send their watch back to apple and see what is the problem with the watch.

Any information and i would be very grateful

pommie:):):)

2. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

3. pommie82 thread starter macrumors 6502

Apple have looked at my watch and it seems it has been fixed and they have sent it back to me i should be getting it back sometime today just before noon.

i am just hoping it would be fine and working and able to get all my notification coming to my wrist again which i really enjoy having and it a massive help when i am out and about places comes in so handy for me.

4. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

Keep us posted on how it performs . And if they mention what the issue was. Hope it's not a synching issue between the watch and your phone.

5. pommie82 thread starter macrumors 6502

i can tell straight away if it has been fixed or not because when i am walking in the local town no messages come to my wrist at all i have to wait until i get home to receive the notifications which is a pain.

Some do come to the wrist when i'am at home but not all of them with having iMessage i can clearly see what has come through and what hasn't come through to the watch.

6. pommie82 thread starter macrumors 6502

Just got my watch back a couple of hours ago and it seems that apple in cork "ireland" have sorted it for me
    and the notifications are working perfect via 3g and wifi and their is no problems at all

i must admit it was a bit of pain that i had to send it over their to get it all sorted it out but they were very fast
    in sorting it all out and getting back to me it was back on my door step within in 48hrs which is not really bad
    they did say on the phone it could take up to 10 working days.