Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Nikhil72

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2005
Is anyone having issues where either scribble or dictate in a message will suddenly close the dictation or scribble window losing the content you enter?

nicho

macrumors 601
Feb 15, 2008
Something I found out about the flashlight on the watch that is truly a "little thing" that someone might not know about: if you turn on the flashlight and turn your wrist away from you (so that the watch is pointing straight ahead of you), the flashlight gets brighter :)

Just tested this, its also in OS4.

Reactions: staggerlee41

Dino F

Suspended
Sep 16, 2010
Croydon, South London, UK
I have a quick question actually on Watch OS 4 and potentially iOS 11 in general.

Previously, when I had my Apple watch (pre Watch OS4 and iPhone 7 was on iOS 10.3.3), paired to my iPhone, every time I got into my car to drive home (my iPhone 7 would connect to the bluetooth radiosat) after finishing work, my watch would give me a notification saying something like, "...10 minutes to drive home - traffic is light".

However, ever since upgrading to the iPhone 8 Plus and now that I have iOS 11 and Watch OS4 onwards, I do not get these notifications anymore?!

I'm wondering whether it's to do with the 'Do Not Disturb Whilst Driving' options in iOS 11 whereby when I have the 'When Bluetooth is connected' option ticked, within the Do Not Disturb Whilst Driving menu, the phone is not giving the watch that notification anymore, but can't be sure...!?

:confused:

Cancelled
Aug 14, 2010
The option for me to choose when Siri speaks has suddenly disappeared. I used to have it set to follow the silent option but now siri speaks whether it's on or not.

SoN1NjA

macrumors 68020
Feb 3, 2016
31_B34_BB3-_A835-4_E22-_AEB8-6_C25_A5_CBAEE2.png

mzanker

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2008
United Kingdom
4.1b2 installed. There's a new WiFi button in Control Centre which is on by default. If you toggle it off, the watch connects to LTE regardless of known WiFi networks being available.

Also, when using WiFi, it now displays the network name next to the WiFi symbol.

Reactions: Watabou

rti92391

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2011
4.1b2 installed. There's a new WiFi button in Control Centre which is on by default. If you toggle it off, the watch connects to LTE regardless of known WiFi networks being available.

Also, when using WiFi, it now displays the network name next to the WiFi symbol.

Image attached

Attachments

• CFE8D905-F9FC-4ED3-BE8F-AA1012EF9770.png
    CFE8D905-F9FC-4ED3-BE8F-AA1012EF9770.png
    72.3 KB · Views: 266
Reactions: xDKP

Cancelled
Aug 14, 2010
The option for me to choose when Siri speaks has suddenly disappeared. I used to have it set to follow the silent option but now siri speaks whether it's on or not.

This fixed itself already in Beta 2. Also Siri seems slightly quicker to me, but could be placebo.

friednoodles

Suspended
Feb 4, 2014
Something I found out about the flashlight on the watch that is truly a "little thing" that someone might not know about: if you turn on the flashlight and turn your wrist away from you (so that the watch is pointing straight ahead of you), the flashlight gets brighter :)

Also, if you've got Theater/Cinema mode on, turning on the Flashlight will default to red instead of white.

themick4u

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2014
South Florida
RE: Please Apple! Bring back ability to remotely browse the playlists and collections stored on my iphone via Watch!!!!

Latest Apple bugreport response:
Apple Developer Relations
October 10 2017, 1:30 PM
Thank you for contacting us. It has not been determined how or when the issue will be resolved.

HDJulie

macrumors demi-goddess
Jun 13, 2008
Little Rock, AR
I have a quick question actually on Watch OS 4 and potentially iOS 11 in general.

Previously, when I had my Apple watch (pre Watch OS4 and iPhone 7 was on iOS 10.3.3), paired to my iPhone, every time I got into my car to drive home (my iPhone 7 would connect to the bluetooth radiosat) after finishing work, my watch would give me a notification saying something like, "...10 minutes to drive home - traffic is light".

However, ever since upgrading to the iPhone 8 Plus and now that I have iOS 11 and Watch OS4 onwards, I do not get these notifications anymore?!

I'm wondering whether it's to do with the 'Do Not Disturb Whilst Driving' options in iOS 11 whereby when I have the 'When Bluetooth is connected' option ticked, within the Do Not Disturb Whilst Driving menu, the phone is not giving the watch that notification anymore, but can't be sure...!?

:confused:

I am on WatchOS 4 & iOS 11.0.2 & I have this same question. I do not have the Do not disturb setting on.

Reactions: Dino F

SoN1NjA

macrumors 68020
Feb 3, 2016
Question for everyone: when you go into Settings > General > About is there an IMEI listed? Or can someone just show all of the things in there

Obviously you can redact your personal information in the screenshot

staggerlee41

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA

Thanks for this, I never noticed this before but like another member mentioned it's in 4. Pretty cool, this will come in handy.

DempaX

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2014
Sweden
Is the stand notification bug fixed in the latest 4.1 beta? Since it stopped working around 4.0b4 on my series 0, it has never worked again. I even bought a new series 3 and set up as new watch and stand reminders refuse to work. It stopped working on 4.0 release for another friend as well.

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.