Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

john991

macrumors 68040
Sep 30, 2014
Great White North - aka Canada
Any noticeable changes?

Seems ok. I did a run yesterday and it registered my run. Today, I ran again, put the workout app on pause then resumed my run. On the watch it was tracking properly, BUT when I finished my run it showed my stats on the watch but didn’t sync to my phone. And my run disappeared from my watch. :(

I reported this to Apple, might have been a glitch, but I’m not pausing anymore!

Medictrode

macrumors newbie
Dec 25, 2017
With the new 4.2.2, on the first page of this thread it states you can choose playback devices... Does that mean you can access your music library in your phone like you could in WatchOS 3 before they oddly took that feature out?

Also, is there any hope of mass text message delete on this new beta, or at least some sort of Sync option? I am getting quite annoyed with doing the slow 3 step process when deleting my texts everyday from the watch. Thanks for the help...

Reactions: jockethebastard

Gokoh

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2017
Why do my text on my watch only come through part of the time? It seems if my phone is open they don’t come on watch? Is there setting I can change so that all text come through watch and other devices?

testcard

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2009
Northumbria, UK
Why do my text on my watch only come through part of the time? It seems if my phone is open they don’t come on watch? Is there setting I can change so that all text come through watch and other devices?
If your iPhone is locked or asleep, all notifications will go to your Watch. If your IPhone is unlocked then they’ll go to your iPhone.
https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204791

Reactions: QuarterSwede

farleysmaster

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2008
London, UK
With the new 4.2.2, on the first page of this thread it states you can choose playback devices... Does that mean you can access your music library in your phone like you could in WatchOS 3 before they oddly took that feature out?
Not sure what the original phrase was, but you can switch between (for instance) the iPhone Music app, and the Apple Watch Music app being controlled by the watch. You can't access your iPhone music library (except to go forward and back).

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
Negative. They only allow you to control playback once it's already initiated on the iPhone/iPad.

sh65746153

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2017
phone (same as standby button on iphones):

- mute incoming call -> press 1x digital crown
- dismiss incoming call -> press 2x digital crown

imagineadam

macrumors 68000
Jan 19, 2011
Is the bug fixed with the stopwatch where it always shows after you start it when raising your wrist? Has been driving me nuts ever since I updated my series 2 from 3.2.3

imagineadam

macrumors 68000
Jan 19, 2011
How’s the performance on series 2 with 4.2.2? Ever since I updated mine to 4.2 there has been a noticeable lag with mine that wasn’t there before on 3.2.3.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.